Speeding up the Meta

8 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 ithertz

ithertz

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

So, as of late it seems the dota 2 meta has slowed down slightly with the late morph and naga combos really cleaning house in most situations. Of course we have seen some insane push strats come out of the box, most of which require a rather specific list of heroes and are incredibly easy to predict based on first picks and bans.

Lately a few friends and I have been pumping out teams, seeing what can consistently win and be rather unpredictable in the picks and bans. The stand out was strange, I personally was a huge fan of the Omniknight solo mid days, so I figured we'd throw a push team together around it and change things up a bit. The core comes from Omni, Dirge, and Leshrac; the other two heroes are rather replaceable with a small rather obscure list:
-Tidehunter (The hardest to get in the 4th spot but good in nearly any situation)
-Shadow Shaman (A solid lockdown of whatever hero on the enemy team presents the biggest threat in and around the 18min mark, as well dominance on towers with wards)
-Jakiro (Obviously a rather unseen pick however liquid fire is a destroyer early game, also bringing a great slow and more AOE damage Jakiro will always help an early win)
-Pugna (Again more push potential, wards will be doing the max of their potential around 15 min so pugna is also an excellent pick)

Now you may be wondering where is the veno? the keeper? hell even enigma, chen, or enchantress?

Now these heroes can provide INSANE push potential, except right now they are picked, ALOT, some see frequent bans even. Instead of picking these heroes you will actually want to ban them. You wan to ban a lot of pushers (or counterpushers) and trick the opponent into what would seem a late rice fest, first ban can be something like lycan, the typical "whatever" ban, after that get rid of veno. Veno fits almost any strat and can absolutely kill a push; with lycan veno and chen as your first 3 bans, they will pick morph, naga or invoker without fail. Your first pick will be getting lesh or lesh and tide, the rest well... they wont be banned at least not in the current meta.

So getting your team is most likely not a great challenge, time to play it.

Dirge is a rather overwhelming solo lane you can actually put him in the easy lane vs a support and carry no problem. You dont have a ricer that requires every last hit early game so haveing an awkward trilane in hardlane can sometimes succeed. Tidehunter, Shadowsham, Leshrac for example can lock out a dark seer or WR in the hard lane with ease, and the key is to deny levels, the opponents getting a little farm here and there really isn't a problem since the game shouldnt last more than 24min and rax should be down by 17-18. Now Omni in the mid lane is a rather controversial subject, just make sure you have a good omni player and go crazy with degen and heal. In some situations repel may be more important but more than one point would be overkill. Once you have mana boots start the carnage, throw into that hard lane and go for T2, you should be able to lock down T1 no problem at least. Once 5 man dota starts you have to go all in, using omni ult to take a tower before they can do an effective initiation is unreal, and allows you to get perfect positioning. I've been writing too long now haha, probably time to get back to work, but, I'd love for some feedback, I really love playing fast strats. and this one seems to have some promise. Anyways, leave your opinion, I'll link a few games in when I get the chance to give my words some visuals.

#2 nikew

nikew

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Great thoughts, gonna try out some of it for sure.

The main weakness i believe is giving away naga + too many strong gangfighters, due to her powerful ability of setting up gangfights.

for example: if u start taking tide+ les as first 2 picks with lycan chen veno banned out, you will get really vulnerable to smthn like naga ds enigma combo that will tear down any team as soon as they hit lvl 6. You cant really fight that since blackhole+ vacc can be cast when every1 sleeps, so you cant repel/heal/guardianangel your way out of it.. and pushstrats like this one forces you to go as 5 to get anything beyond t1s.

I believe this can be fixed by breaking the naga combo by banning out enigma/ds in the first 3(probably enigma since u want to go for the fake lategame strat) and u can save the veno ban for 4 or 5. Ds can still set up nasty gangfights with heros like crix/es but there you have some time to get spells off before u get stunned.

How does AA work vs the team? is he worthy of a 4 or 5 ban, if your gonna play dirge+omni as healer.

GL HF in the future

#3 craNich

craNich

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:32 AM

I like these 5man trash strats with 5 trash heroes pushing together and forfeiting in 20mins.

great thoughts BRO and also very innovative! topic deserved

#4 sessy

sessy

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:41 AM

bro...
lycan rubick invoker bounty chen
already enuf to stop the push and if u can't get at least one lane down in 20 min it's basically impossible to win.

pushing strats aren't as effective in dota2 since the team push ability isn't as great compared to dota 1. and you lack any global presence, which means the other team can push two lanes with good heroes

#5 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:41 AM

What slows down the "meta" is the smaller map size and all blinks are buffed.

#6 shreyuz

shreyuz

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:56 AM

Pick meepo

#7 J-

J-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:14 AM

if u got above 20 minute mark without any significant kill or tower advantage against opponent they will win if they have carry since in late game your heroes are practically clueless against farmed am/ld/morph/void,etc

#8 Me4onyX

Me4onyX

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

here
enjoy your "new meta strat"
http://www.gosugamer...2/replays/58732

#9 J-

J-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member