The new VP Ladies team, thoughts?

21 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 86248Diamond

86248Diamond

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Hey everyone! Here is another one of my rants, and I really wanted to know what you guys think about this new team. For more information, check out my video!

#2 pussyInvader

pussyInvader

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:30 AM

You are the voice in this video? Good voice. But the rant is too freaking long woman. Interject with some DotA replays or something.

EDIT: On topic, I see nothing wrong with the all girls team. I mean, how often do you see even a single girl on a team anyway? If they can win some games they got my support if its 1 girl on a team or 5, doesn't matter. And the problem with mixed teams is twice the drama. Unless all of them are gay(no derogatory thing intended) Natural instincts ma'am natural instincts.

#3 LegoLas

LegoLas

Moderation

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Chinese team PMS? Its Singaporean. Not a good reputation? They have a very good reputation. They attended a lot of international tourneys, though with no success whatsoever. Well you don't expect them to go further with other top rated teams also attending the tourney, do you?

The girls shitting their foot? I don't think so. Its VP actually. Why won't it be a great opportunity for the girls? Having a sponsor like VP is obviously good.
Also you are having a too much negative attitude towards this all girls team. I wonder why? Its like you don't support the fact of girls getting better in the e-sports scene.

Strutting around their lingerie? I mean seriously? Isn't it really common for girls related to e-sports to be usually sporty and most of the times dressing like that? What's wrong with that? Most boys love them for it. >_>

Its kinda awkward that you females talk about competing sideways with males with any available job/work. And here you acting like in e-sports 'You' in particular have no hope. Disappointing.

Completely against all female teams? Even completely against all males teams?!! You seriously need to make up your mind. Its not about having all male/female in a team. Its about the skills, quality, consistency, performance that you can deliver in a team. If you have those why wouldn't a pro team take you in their team?

Its true that it doesn't matter how you were born or who you are. Yes. As long as you enjoy the game and when you go competitive/pro you get serious about it.

I did go through your whole rant(like what you call it) but I'm sorry I had to dislike it.

#4 lionholt

lionholt

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:35 AM

#2 +1

#5 Y-fi

Y-fi

Merlini Zeus

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:08 PM

+1 Legolas ! :D

#6 Judaka

Judaka

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

There are a lot of girl DotA teams, and they all have the same things in common.
1. No one takes them seriously
2. Almost all of them are above average good looking
3. It is very rare to hear about them ever again after they're created

They model the idea that women can't make fans with their skills, so they're going to have to do it with their looks. They are not taken seriously and they're not accepted into pro level teams. The truth is you have to accept the demographics of DotA - either you accept that if the dota community can't produce even one girl good enough to get into pro dota, then a team of a 5 girls is extremely unlikely to have success (organizations that sponsor them must be aware of this) or that it is exceptionally hard for women to break into the pro scene because of their gender, forcing them to create all girl teams.

Either way it's problematic because it suggests that the dota community supports girls teams despite their lack of skill and potential because they are simply girls (attractive ones obviously) or that the dota community is so sexist that women simply aren't taken seriously at all by anyone.

#2 Your post is just plain sexist, it's funny people are agreeing with you. 1. No one expects PMS or any girl team to compete with other known pro teams and 2. girls should appeal to men with their looks because men enjoy it.

The best hope female girl team have is to end up like PMS captain, becoming Zenith manager and bringing hyhy his sandwich while he's training for real tournaments!

All female teams, all male teams - theoretically they show that teams are not created around the individual skills of players but rather they are very gendered. If teams were really being established on a basis of skill and not anything else, teams would be mixed. That's theoretical however, practically I don't see how you can hate on all male teams when there simply aren't any women playing at that level but all female teams show this problem - and potentially all male teams playing at levels where there are girls currently performing - assuming they had the opportunity to recruit a female player.

#7 Y-fi

Y-fi

Merlini Zeus

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:04 PM

#5 I dont understand; you are clearly implying that a girl cannot both be attractive and play good dota.
Also, you call #2 sexist while you go on saying that the best hope for a girl in esports is to bring sandwich to another pro player? The last time I checked, thats what is sexist..

#8 Judaka

Judaka

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

#6 I am not "clearly implying" that girls can't be attractive and good at dota, wtf? I am suggesting that girl teams are only being supported by sponsors because they have good looking members - not because they are good at dota (they might be good at dota but that's not why they're being sponsored..).

I did not say that best hope for a girl playing dota is to feed pro players sandwiches, I am cynical about the real potential these all girl teams have, which I believe are primarily created for media purposes, when the most successful all girls dota team - after having no success moves onto feeding and keeping schedules for legitimate pro teams, where they don't even offer any DotA-related advice. JoinDOTA did an interview with furryfish at TI2 and she explains her role as a manager. I'm sure she enjoys being the manager despite what I'm saying but to me it seems like shes gone from (you can look her up, she's like honour student and pro athlete) model for perfect girl gamer who played dota with no real ambition - and no real expectations for her, to manager and her job is just to act like a maid.

Do all-girl dota teams have some positive affects for "real" girl gamers? (By real I mean ones that are sponsored with serious expectations or ones that have serious expectations for themselves) Potentially they do - you could argue that, but for the most part they just seem to widen the differences between the real professional male gamers and the cutesy not-to-be-taken-seriously girl gamers. This parallel exists in much more than just eSports, but if you're really interested then go read some feminist literature about it.

I don't presume to know who these girls actually are, I just know that their construction creates unequal gender roles within cultures. Where women are boobs and men are brains.

#9 LegoLas

LegoLas

Moderation

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

Why do you see me as a sexist? Did I not ask the thread starter about why she thinks its not possible for females to become pro gamers?
The problem still lies within us. And to my astonishment I get to see that coming from another girl.

#10 unlovedpuppies

unlovedpuppies

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

"No woman can be on iG?" iG have an all girls team aswell. Rumour has it that they're very good looking...