178 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 AWRNSS

AWRNSS

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

Na`Vi: Donít cry for me Europe.

iG won The International 2. They expanded themselves to Dota 2, took a million dollars and established the undisputed Chinese domination in the world once again. But they weren't the only ones that won. The runner-up won almost as much as them. They didnít only earn a big chunk of money (even though a quarter million sounds slim aside the full one) but they showed something invaluable. They showed to the entire Western scene that you can go as far as you want to even when you may be under inferior conditions. They showed that there are no excuses to not be able to match the Chinese. As simple as that. As hard to face as that.

Na`Vi defeated the top three Chinese teams in the world (in both DotA and Dota 2) in the same conditions that every single European top-team are. They donít have the ďhigh salaries that makes you player betterĒ as Artstyle claimed a few months ago. They donít train together a hundred hours a week and they donít possess technical advantages. They didnít even maintain a flawless performance through the entire year. The only thing that Natus Vincere has that other Western teams doesnít is the relentless will to win, the hunger for glory even after achieving most than any other team before.

Does the Chinese have better conditions? Yes, they do. But after this International we all must agree that they can be brought-down without them. That everything else is an excuse. No matter how trained the opponent is, no matter how long they've been around the competitive world, no matter their nicks: you can do it if you are willing to give yourself to that.

Puppeyís boys stopped the Chinese domination, they were only European team in the top8. Dendi won the middle lane against the likes of Ferrari and Super. XBOCT outcarried Burning and Sylar even while being aggressive. LightofHeaveN gave the side-soloers a new role model. Puppey developed more strategies through this tournament than most teams in several ones. Ars-Art grew as one of the only support/5 players that can look at Faith or Yao without feeling inferior.

Iíve been around the competitive scene since 2008, when Virtus Pro was at his peak. I witnessed Lodaís SK and Travkaís WG fight toe-to-toe. I was there watching KS.int going next-level with KuroKy and joliE. I went through all MYMís rosters, all their epic series versus KS.int and Fnatic, in which nicknames such as ďslahserĒ, ďMerliniĒ and ďH4nn1Ē started sounding legendary. I was awake at 4am applauding PokerIdol live when they defeated Burningís CH at SMM 09. I still have Rox.Kiss replays in my drive. I was there watching when DTS seemed unbeatable until EHOME came to ESWC and I saw their bloodful vendetta. I can shamelessly say that Iíve seen the best that Europe offered through time... and I still canít compare this Na`Vi with any other Western team. No European team ever went this far, managing to fight-back the asian beasts.

Every member of the Western community was expecting the miracle after their victory against LGD. We all cheered for them, unleashing roars to accompany their plays. Every single one of us felt disappointed, hopeless and even sad after iGís truck hit them at the Grand Finals. The crowd (that didnít behave half as bad as some posters believe) was disheartened. If this Na`Vi wasnít able to take all of them down... what can we expect from the future, when the entire Chinese scene migrates to Dota 2?

I can offer two answers: Na`Vi and Na`Viís legacy. We can safely expect a few retirements and several roster changes so things should change in the scene. But the world keeps spinning: ESWC, DreamHack and SLTV are coming right away to help them to move on. Will they be able exploit this past experience and improve as Na`Vi? No one can tell. History tells us that they will most likely not... but the truth is that Natus Vincere made history. They came all the way to Seattle to beat the mightiest Chinese teams and they did more than that. They gave Europe their best chance to improve by waking them up. So donít cry for them. Stop mourning their defeat, stop writting excuses, cut the crap. Applaude them for this invaluable achievement and look forward. TI2 was an event to remember with a smile despite your personal preferences.

#2 v0dki

v0dki

REPORTED!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

Na`Vi <3

#3 TheFaith

TheFaith

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:34 AM

chinese already dominating dota 2

1. when they hvnt switch to dota 2 completely
2. only started dota 2 for 3 months
3. 1 week before TI2 there were several major dota 1 tournaments which the chinese participate and trained for

so what is OP talking about

#4 scruff

scruff

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Na'Vi played well, but they were just not good enough in every way to take down iG. Sorry but the better team won. The only reason why Na'vi won a few games was because of their little cutesy strats that only worked once or twice. Just like cheesing in SC2, if your skills are inferior, then the only way you can win is by catching your opponent off guard.

#5 shreyuz

shreyuz

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

^^ With more than 100 heroes in the pool you can catch your opponents off guard for the next 20 years. Doesnt matter. NaVi beat EH/TF/DK/iG/LGD not through luck but skill through picking , sometimes outlaning and most of the time out strategizing.
3 months boot camp is a LOT of time. So please dont give excuses for the Chinese defeats too. NAvi palyed exceptionally well. iG played better in the finals. As simple as that.

#6 ibetyoudraw

ibetyoudraw

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:50 AM

so just wait.... wait until chinese team fully concentrate on dota 2

#7 TheFaith

TheFaith

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

im glad the euro fanboys are back

its too boring without them
now the fun of making them look stupid starts again

#8 gichrys

gichrys

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

Na`Vi only hope of Europe

#9 xiaopigu

xiaopigu

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

#1 +1

#10 machoihd

machoihd

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:34 AM

2012-09-06 05:15, AWRNSS wrote:
Na`Vi: Donít cry for me Europe.

Puppeyís boys stopped the Chinese domination, they were only European team in the top8. Dendi won the middle lane against the likes of Ferrari and Super.

oh wait