Determining skill build on Invoker?

9 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Rally

Rally

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi, when playing invoker, in what situations would you go quas wex, or quas extort or whatever other combos there are? Considering that not all situations are the same, what should be my thought process when figuring out skill build? thanks

#2 Rufio-

Rufio-

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:16 AM

^Quas/Exort = mostly for pub games, if you want high damaging flashy spells with looooooong cooldown.

Quas/Wex = Teamfight/Balanced build, scales better than exort type. Most if not all Invokers in TI2 went Quas/Wex.

#3 718-_-

718-_-

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:05 AM

or you can go for Wex Exort build mainly focuses on Meteor and Sunstrike
you can pressure a lane real hard , and assist/kill steal other lane

#4 lalle

lalle

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

leaving 3 points in quas and then max exort followed by wex, thats how i mostly like to play him, atleast in pubs. lots of damage and teamfight mobility.

tornado -> meteor -> deafening blast -> force staff -> ice wall -> alacrity -> euls scepter -> sunstrike and for those who still try to escape, cold snap

#5 ThErEaLsOuThPrIdE

ThErEaLsOuThPrIdE

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:35 AM

I play invoker in money matches all the time here's my imba build lvl1 1quas lvl2 the ulti lvl3 2quas lvl4 2quas 1exort 1ulti lvl5 3quas 1exort 1ulti lvl6 4quas 1exort 1ulti lvl7 4quas 1exort 1wex 1ulti lvl8 4quas 1exort 1wex 2ulti lvl9 upwards max out quas 1st if it not allows you to lvlup quas then you lvlup exort in my build i only max the quas 1st then exort and my ulti goes last my spell build always rely on coldsnap and meteor at low level then when my skill build is at least almost max up quas and exort then i use spells such as ice wall and the eeq spell after i use the qqq and eew

#6 Revoir-

Revoir-

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Always Exort Quas for me.

#7 Fr3akad3ll3

Fr3akad3ll3

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

you need wex for your disable-spells/range, so its usefull if you play invo as a teamfight-control/initiator hero (maxed wex EMP on lvl 13 eats a strengh heroes whole mana pool), on the other hand exort has more dmg potential, but you can just burst it, so you need to have some kind of disable with you to make sure you hit your spells

#8 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Exort when playing with naga.

#9 Rally

Rally

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

So if my team has a lot of disables and cc, it would be better to go eq invoker then. right? I am trying to get a better sense to know what to do according to team comps.

#10 qojqva

qojqva

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

It really does depend on the oppnent's heros and what your team needs you to have (quas exort : lockdown with icewall / cold snap and global help with sunstrikes, you can basically kill everything on the map if u see something due to ur 2 forgespirits + cold snap combo / quas wex : great mobility and teamfight control with emp and tornado)

Personally I like to use the quas exort build more, because you just deal so much more dmg early and it's really fun.

If you look for a replay on how to play an excellent quas exort invoker, the 2nd game of Zenith - coL shows an outstanding performance by iceiceice. He not only farms up like a beast and assists his team with sunstrikes all the time, but also managed to get great icewalls / meteors off in that game.