How to beat the Chinese

19 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 znging

znging

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

i just wanna offer some suggestions, i've been watching all of lgd's games and i notice that their playstyle follows a certain trend, they always pick a hard carry, either morphling, druid, or anti mage and lgd always finds a way to ensure sylar gets his farm. Their style of gaming is different from ig's, which focuses more on pressing down the opponent and they don't really focus on zhou's items. However, lgd places more emphasis on protecting sylar , even if they were to lose a little on pressing down their opponents. I am not a professional player, i do not know how to beat these strategies, just offering what i know and i hope the teams play a great game tonight.

#2 ailongam

ailongam

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

the chinese are not unbeatable. i rewatched all the ig/lgd replays also and picked up more than anything the mistakes from the us/euro/less chinese teams more than anything. while the other teams faltered at a tower, gave up easy kills, or did not farm/push efficiently - ig/lgd kept themselves in the game with stable and calculated play. the only difference between lgd/ig and the other teams i believe is how a team operates after the laning stage (10-12 minutes in), it appears if you falter in this stage ig/lgd will be able to outplay you - hard. the key point i think is that they know what to do next, always a couple moves ahead - most other teams seem surprised or need a footing after their lane setup. i hope the level of play picks up this weekend when it's do or die - bit dissapointing to see teams make such fundamental errors on the strategies (and lack thereof).

#3 HFUT-fans

HFUT-fans

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

aha.you are talking something that i have already heard from 2009s commentary.good news is u must have watched his commentary too and get really close to the truth,bad news is every professional team also know it but they just cant stop zhous farming.its such a interesting thing that lgd is beating every opponent with a simple and obvious strategy and none can stop them....

#4 Scilla

Scilla

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

#2 True.

#5 roMAD

roMAD

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

And? When on peak form, DK played the same strat and still nobody could beat them. Same with Barcelona in football. Everyone knows how they play, but it's incredibly hard to beat them. Knowing =/= being able to.

#6 ru40342

ru40342

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:53 AM

IMO the best way to beat a chinese team (or any team) is to beat them using your own game, not theirs. So many team this year try to beat Chinese teams using their (Chinese team) strategy, resulting in these teams playing China style, and lost miserably.

Same story last year. Navi overcame Ehome not because Navi had more practice time (like many claim) but they managed to force Ehome play Navi's style of dota.

#7 Crush3d

Crush3d

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:54 AM

2012-08-31 10:45, roMAD wrote:
And? When on peak form, DK played the same strat and still nobody could beat them. Same with Barcelona in football. Everyone knows how they play, but it's incredibly hard to beat them. Knowing =/= being able to.

Even if you do, it won't be by outplaying them.

#8 blachy123

blachy123

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Funny question, imo u cant find answer here.

#9 supan668

supan668

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Bring them to play football and beat them easily.

#10 fapfapnaprepeatt

fapfapnaprepeatt

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

2012-08-31 10:54, Abraham.Purple wrote:
Even if you do, it won't be by outplaying them.

I'm sorry but didn't real madrid outplay barcelona two days ago? nothing is impossible