11 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hello boys and girls, people from distant lands,

You guys have been a great community for us the last few years and its been a great journey with you all in the GosuGamers forums, sharing your views and insights to all the different games that we are featuring. We, the GosuGamers crew feel like we want to show you guys more appreciation for your efforts and have decided to reward (star)points (bulky amounts), as a token of our appreciation.

How is this going to work?
Well lately we have seen a whole lot of threads being produced in the Dota 2 forums with The International 2 commencing. What we have decided is that we will be awarding the best constructive, well written and structured threads out there with points. Keep in mind that we have mentioned "threads", that means multiple persons will be rewarded with these points! We are already observing some present threads which may fall into those criterias.

Also some may think it's not always possible to make threads out of anything, for which we have also decided to reward people with thoughtful and informative posts made in the different news and forums. We will be selecting the amount of points to be given out depending on how much the thread/post is contributing to the community, but they are nice bulks.

P.S. One comment/forum post gives you only a single point added to your profile. And we are planning to give out around 100-500 points to the best contributers of our site. Also these points will be given in all sections of GosuGamers-forums/news, not just the Dota 2, so feel free to post in the other sections as well if they interest you!

Let's make our profile stars look bigger and brighter! We will be keeping both our eyes open looking for the best threads/comments on our site. Good luck!

Regards,
Gosucrew

#2 NexCa

NexCa

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:36 AM

Dear lovely GosuCrew,

So, if I understand that correct, it's like that we get a "Quality-Poster-Star" if we put enough effort in our posts, right ?

#3 LegoLas

LegoLas

Moderation

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:44 PM

2012-08-30 04:36, NexCa wrote:
Dear lovely GosuCrew,

So, if I understand that correct, it's like that we get a "Quality-Poster-Star" if we put enough effort in our posts, right ?

We will try and bring that up. :)
Thanks for the idea.

#4 inco

inco

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:24 PM

Bringing more competition into making well-written posts isn't too bad an idea! Almost makes me make a lot of awesome posts and threads, just to earn some points xD

Keep it up! *kisses-ass-in-hopes-eresea-will-shine-upon-me*
(There's just no way to write this without appearing as an ass-licker, so I may as well play on it)

#5 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:04 PM

lol... go for it inco :P Wellwritten points should be awarded imo! :D

Though I'm sorry but ass-kissing doesn't work on me I'm afraid :P

#6 inco

inco

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:44 PM

That's not what your boyfriend told me! *runs off crying*

#7 142536

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 September 2012 - 03:55 PM

I do favour good well written Threads. I really hope that this motivates people to be more active on forums.

as for me, with over 1000 posts made and only three little stars, I believe that train has left for me.

must be all the nuked posts and warnings I guess.

2 years back there was a incident where I was banned two weeks for a reason I still dont know and that later made me do the stupid choice of creating another account which made me perma banned, after chatting with the moderator in IRC he felt bad for me and only made me banned for 2 months. and I believe that it did not help me that the moderator and I were not the best palls before he got to be a moderator.

so dont do like me if you want to keep your stars!

#8 SilSol

SilSol

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:41 AM

Yeah dota2 forum is quite active i guess.

#9 LegoLas

LegoLas

Moderation

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

http://gosugamers.ne...a/thread/172214

According to your warning 4.

4. Account policy
Only one account per person is allowed. Impersonating another person to harm his/her reputation is not allowed.

If you feel that you have been wrongly accused of something you can always get in touch with someone higher rank that the Moderator itself. If all fails get in touch with Linus or Patrick. : )

#10 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

#6 each censored post = -18 points...so yeah that will deffo bring down your points :) We are still giving out bulk-points, so i wouldnt say the train has left yet...all you need is a few written posts and fingers crossed that the crew will notice it :P

but like Legolas said, if you feel like you've been wrongfully banned/accused of summin, just toss me a PM :)