doom skillbuild?

13 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 iii.

iii.

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

hey guys how do i select right skill build for doom especially the lvl death skill how does it work? pls help a noob :D

#2 besi.sll

besi.sll

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

Don't know how the pros would skill doom but when I played him back when he was viable at the solo mid role, I skilled him like this: Devour - Scorched Earth - Scorched Earth and then I would hold the +2 skill to whatever multiplier my opponent at middle is. Seemed to be succesfull for me :D

When I played as doom as safelane farmer, I would go for max davour and scorched earth with no levels put into LVL? Death. :P

This was my skillbuild, dunno about the pros :P

#3 paul-tehoctupus

paul-tehoctupus

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:02 PM

i think maxing lvl death rocks so i would say 1 1 4 1 until lvl 7.

#4 PaiN-

PaiN-

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

DEVOUR and DEVOUR and DEVOUR

#5 Evilm

Evilm

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

devour at lvl 1 SE at lvl 2 and doom at lvl 6 is basic the rest depends what do you lane against

#1 is totally right with the fact that you don't just level everything at once - if you can't get the kill in your lane, you usually go gank somewhere at lvl 6/7 and you skill your lvl?death in such manner you'll get the bonus ( which = kill most of the time)

two levels in devour are enough to eat everything relevant for your early phase such as heal + mana aura from troll priest/mana burn from satyr/ movement aura from kobold and you don't really have to max it ASAP if you're getting an ok farm - then again, if you want to carry (pub) as #1 said, you can skip LVL?D without hesitation as bonus gold and hp regen will benefit you more without a need for a bottle

#6 lembitu

lembitu

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

http://www.playdota....uides/countered
OT: Devour,LVL?Death,Devour,LVL?Death,don't add anything,Doom,Is my opponent level 6 yet? LVL? Death x 2.
Read guide, it's good.

#7 holypepsi

holypepsi

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:41 PM

doom is one of the hardest hero to play. there are tons of pros been doing all different skill build as he was the first ban/pick heros in first half of 2011.

usually max devour because doom is very farm dependent and devour is the best farming spell in game.

for hardlanes some pros max 2nd spell for the heal/dps,this build later it is utilized for chasing power with phase boots.

if team requires a lot early ganks then lv? death can be maxed first, it has short CD and ridicous strong burst dmg in early game (stronger than finger of death at level X3) usually people needs arcane to have enough mana to spam it.

u can watch tournaments from TI1 where FCB from ehome plays one of the best doom.

#8 d2_habui

d2_habui

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

devour at lvl 1 SE at lvl 2 and doom at lvl 6 is basic the rest depends what do you lane against

nothing to add

#9 ImpetuousTiger

ImpetuousTiger

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

buy hand of midas = win dota2

#10 AnubiA.DemoniC

AnubiA.DemoniC

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

When I random him in pubs, I usually skill like this(for solo mid): Devour, SE, SE, LVL?, LVL?, Doom, LVL?,LVL?,SE,SE,Doom,Devour,devour,devour,stats,doom