Power to the Players: What irks you?

5 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 86248Diamond

86248Diamond

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hey everyone! I let a special group of people rant about what gets them going in the DOTA community and Gaming community alike.
I hope you all enjoy!
Sorry for the sick voice, still have a cough =/

#2 Alyyx20Jeanette

Alyyx20Jeanette

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:51 PM

The over pronunciation makes it pretty irritating to hear.

#3 physiology

physiology

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

who was the 2nd interviewed aka the support player? it is hilarious

#4 Bone

Bone

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

How is that ignorant first ranter even comparing the MMO genre to the RTS genre? RTS games have a level playing field from the start of each game, and hence truly test the skills of every player throughout the game. An MMO however has no level playing field; players gain advantage from getting more experience, gold and items than other players and they maintain that advantage (mostly exponentially) over other players. And these advantages don't have to come from the players abilities - all that's needed is luck and time investment. You can't say a player is "good" just because they have more resources - they could of spent years getting those resources when other players could of got it in a much shorter time. Using this example to argue that females can compete with males is absolutely retarded.

And it actually makes me laugh when people think that gender equality is a realistic conclusion to the problem that has faced women of the past and present. Why? Because the two genders are actually NOT equal in both physical and mental abilities. Please explain to me while male athletes are superior in the majority of (all?) sports. Please explain to me why males are innately better at math and science than females in the high-percentile students. Please explain to me why male tennis players have to play 5 sets in Grand Slams, while females only play 3 FOR THE SAME PRIZE MONEY. The notion that a female can do everything that a male can do is ridiculous; it is a concept that was created by PMS'ing lesbians through the last few decades, and accepted by idiots everywhere. If you can't accept the fact that we are genetically different, and have massive differences in advantages in disadvantages (i.e. males in general die at a younger age, males have obvious physical advantages, male and female brains actually work quite differently [brain wave evidence]) then you are ignorant of what gender actually is and its biological purpose (IMO a fundamental reason why homosexuality is on the rise, people are getting confused about gender because of this misleading concept).

Until there is a larger female population, you won't see many competitive females. Why? Because they can only compete against themselves. They are simply disadvantaged genetically. If I see a female that can compete with high-tier male players I will congratulate them for surpassing the limitations of their designated cognitive capacity. But I have not seen it - and probably never will in genre's requiring intense rigour in timing, strategic decision making and micro. Now, I will enjoy the incoming shitstorm with a big troll-face grin on my face.

#5 b0rland

b0rland

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

yes my friends, lothar IS for pussies - amen to that!
BUT the gayest hero in dota is Riki!!!

#6 Bepo

Bepo

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

That's why I never talk in MM some people are just too "pro" for me.