PH need a local server for dota2?

44 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 dreyar

dreyar

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

I think Ph need one to encourage organizer of local tournament to shift from dota1 to dota2. The main reason here in PH is the LATENCY I just remembered when i played dota2 in one of the mineski branch its so lag and delay even we try another line of internet. Not all ISP's here are not that smooth in HK or SG. The ping is almost 500+ one of my friend got mad and we stop playing dota2 and decided to play dota1 instead.

I hope valve will consider this because in the PH Dota is the most popular in the Country and the gaming gears here is willing to advertise their product trough sponsorship.

#2 Fr3akad3ll3

Fr3akad3ll3

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

i think valve will increase their sever regions as soon as the game gets opened for everyone which will be somewhere in between TI2 and christmas i guess

but how does it come that you lagg that hard on the SEA servers while teams from China are able to PLay EU teams on US host ?

#3 PaiN-

PaiN-

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

^ Their internet is bad

#4 Will.KL

Will.KL

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

I know a lot of PH guys that has 0 issues with Dota 2, playing even on EU servers from time to time. Are you sure your problem is not your bad provider?

#5 bestong

bestong

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:59 PM

I have no problem with sea server. Im playing in my friend's internet cafe with 10mbps PLDT isp. Here you go with my pings.

Sea = 60-120ms
HK = 200+ms
USwest = 200-300ms
EU = 300-400ms
other servers = ??? not yet tried

#6 Namikaze

Namikaze

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:08 PM

PLDT not good for playing with other countries

#7 matthe

matthe

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

There will be a LAN feature in dota 2

#8 dreyar

dreyar

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

2012-08-07 17:23, Will.KL wrote:
I know a lot of PH guys that has 0 issues with Dota 2, playing even on EU servers from time to time. Are you sure your problem is not your bad provider?

2012-08-07 16:59, Fr3akad3ll3 wrote:
i think valve will increase their sever regions as soon as the game gets opened for everyone which will be somewhere in between TI2 and christmas i guess

but how does it come that you lagg that hard on the SEA servers while teams from China are able to PLay EU teams on US host ?

I think your referring to those who has a good connection or those who have a own connection at home but when you are playing at cafe it really different because there are a lot people who are using internet and playing at the same time and you will notice the latency from local server from international server that even many people consuming the bandwidth the latency from the local server still the same while the international server is continuously increasing and refer to what I've said earlier if there will be event let say a big tournament here for the local scene still the latency will always have an impact.

#9 Aktive

Aktive

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

Subscribe to better internet plan if you wanna play.

#10 thebaciomuna

thebaciomuna

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:24 PM

hope there can be a server there..