zenith's withdraw reason statement

35 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 mhky

mhky

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:47 PM

Dear all, Zenith has decided to withdraw from the Beyond The Summit World Tour tournament. After attempting to play on a US West server, the players have found it counterproductive to play regular games on a server with significant delay. We have decided to concentrate our efforts on training for The International, using the extra time to train with teams from the SEA region. We wish all the other teams all the best in the remainder of the tournament.

Unfortunately, Zenith had to forfeit the match against mousesports in the ProDOTA World League earlier tonight. This was not a flippant act of disregard for the tournament as some have speculated. xy- had National Service duties (army) which he could not take leave from. We have tried to talk to admins earlier in the day to postpone the match to 11.30pm-12.00am so as to accomodate xy- as he rushes home to play the match, so that we did not need to employ any stand-in. Regrettably, mousesports were unwilling to play at any other time and hence we had no choice but to forfeit the match. We apologize to fans who were looking forward to the game.

Moving forward, Zenith will be 100% focused on training solely for The International. We will most likely not be participating in international online competitions but we will still be taking part in tournaments hosted on SEA servers, such as the Alienware Game Victorious tournament. We hope to have your support in this last crucial leg of preparations before the team flies off to Seattle.

copy from zenith facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/TeamZenith

any comments??no flame or haters =)[b]

#2 DamnYOU

DamnYOU

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

OP attention whore?? Do you seriously need to open a thread just for this? I thought someone mention about it in another thread? [>_<]

#3 IGFTW

IGFTW

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:58 PM

#1 op is a fanboy of zenith
if they want to play in SEA server, no one can force them then. They should have not participate BTS in the first place.

#4 Crush3d

Crush3d

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Well, I'm glad they did it. That's a smart move from Zenith.

Gj mouz excusing that they can't play, guess they had some more important pubs to play at that time!

#5 luc14n0

luc14n0

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Very reasonable by them. Why would they subject themselves to such a hazard enviroment ? I'm all for online tournaments, but International ones are pretty lame.

#6 Fr3akad3ll3

Fr3akad3ll3

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

i hope the delay issues will be fixed, although going around the whole world is allowed to take a while ....

since the servers are pretty much fine for everybody in his own region i cant imagine to play dota2 with delay ...

the international is not far off anyway ;)

#7 thebaciomuna

thebaciomuna

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

these kidssss

#8 cstar

cstar

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Pro Dota2 L(e)AG(ue)

#9 FreakyDroid

FreakyDroid

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

That's all fine, but really curios how only 1 team of all that participate in these online tournaments thinks that playing on lag is counterproductive. Unless losing to 'lesser teams' because of lag creates negativity and tarnishes the team spirit, then its ok. If this is the case .. well I cant blame them, but I really think its silly because they shouldn't let online results bother them so much. Just a speculation on my part, I could be way off the mark ...

#10 hlp

hlp

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

#8 it probably has something to do with how much time they actually have to play as a team. Zenith probably feels that the BTS is cutting into how much they can scrim in more serious matches.