Zenith Standin

67 replies to this topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

#1 winternight

winternight

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

So in the game Zenith vs Infused, Zenith had a standin. He used the name ISLAYGAYS. Some other aliases from his steam profile:

ISLAYGAYS
ISLAYGAYFAGGOTS
ISTRICTLYDONOTOLERATEGAYS
perception-reality
IDONOTOLERATEGAYS

If you pick a standin he is your responsibility and when you play in a tournament with 20k viewers at least pick a name that is somewhat socially acceptable. I don't know why Zenith thought this was a good idea.

Half-hearted apologies from Zenith:

During Thursday's match with Team Infused in the ProDOTA World League, xy- had an emergency just as the match was scheduled to begin. As such, Team Zenith had to hurriedly look for a replacement on short notice.

Regrettably, the nickname used by our stand-in was offensive and in poor taste. We offer no excuses for this oversight and would like to apologize to all who were offended. Zenith will make sure that there will be no repeat of this unfortunate episode. This individual's opinion does not reflect Zenith's and once again, the players and staff would like to extend our heartfelt apologies to all.

Hm I rarely comment on these things, but on behalf of my team I apologize. I actually told the team that the standin should change his name, but... :) We sometimes have a different view of what is considered professional.

In my opinion it shouldnt be allowed, but as we didnt really have any standins to chose from, pissing off the only one we can use is not a good idea either.

But yea, once again im sorry. Wont happen again.

Screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 iii.

iii.

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

do u really have to make a thread for this?

#3 JoseLuisChilavert

JoseLuisChilavert

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Nothing uncommon.

Men overcompensate when their masculinity is threatened, Cornell study shows

"I found that if you made men more insecure about their masculinity, they displayed more homophobic attitudes, tended to support the Iraq War more and would be more willing to purchase an SUV over another type of vehicle," said Robb Willer, a sociology doctoral candidate at Cornell. Willer is presenting his findings Aug. 15 at the American Sociological Association's 100th annual meeting in Philadelphia.

"Masculine overcompensation is the idea that men who are insecure about their masculinity will behave in an extremely masculine way as compensation. I wanted to test this idea and also explore whether overcompensation could help explain some attitudes like support for war and animosity to homosexuals," Willer said.

[url]http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/aug05/soc.gender.dea.html[/url]

#4 holypepsi

holypepsi

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

i thought its Chuan?

#5 Crush3d

Crush3d

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

He's not Chuan. He's famous Singaporean pubber used to pub a lot with Icex3 and Hyhy.

His famous nick is absentfuckingmind.

#6 AnakAyam

AnakAyam

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

Having lived in Singapore for 10 years, I can honestly say that the people there do not see this as a big issue. On one hand they really should not have used the tag for a global tournament, but try not to take that too seriously.

#7 duck-

duck-

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Welcome to the internet. Welcome to gaming.

Why the butthurt? (no pun intended)

#8 weloselikenp

weloselikenp

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Based on Comments. Faith in Humanity : NEVER RESTORED!!!!!!

PS: NOT GAY but cmon ppl ur better than this.

#9 ruggy-

ruggy-

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

2012-08-02 20:49, nejnej wrote:
^your mother is gay =)

Hi friend
long time no see :)

OT: its ig.chaun ?

#10 digestivee

digestivee

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

#13 I am exactly lile that. Religion tries to make believe in non-scientific "facts" aka magic. Fat people are unhealthy by choice (99% of the time atleast). Gays are born to be sexually aroused by their own sex, which doesn't cause issues for anyone and also isn't by choice. Though "ISlayMuslims" is a nick I would still react to as unnecessary in a proffesional atmosphere