Thread creating privilege

8 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 icefrog

icefrog

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

As we can see on gg.net, people just create a random id then submit a thread advertising website by offering dota2, cs. xyz game beta keys etc.

My suggestion is, for creating thread, the user must be on level 2 or can able to create after a fixed amount of time like 1 week/month from creating user id. This way, random advertising thread will be reduced.

Sorry for my bad english, peace.

#2 LegoLas

LegoLas

Moderation

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Passed it on to our developers team. Might get tried out.
Appreciated.

#3 BrknSword

BrknSword

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

+1

Sometimes We can also find some advertising comments in the thread/Blog.

#4 icefrog

icefrog

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the support

#5 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

The problem I see with this (letting ppl only create threads when having 2+ stars for example) is that it takes some time for ppl to actually get stars :P but being a member for a while would prolly work imo :) good call tho mate :)

#6 winternight

winternight

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:10 AM

If you are at it you could start banning people that use the names of well known community members.

#7 corei7.worldwide12

corei7.worldwide12

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

#4 has a point, well ahm the reason why GG is growing because of level 1 stars etc, now the problem here if we won't let the new comers comment the community will not multiply it's current population. but i think the best solution for the problem is ban the ip address of trollers etc. so people won't easily advertise and post stupidity.

#8 JaffaCake

JaffaCake

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

#3 Are you the real icefrog?

#9 Megadethhhhh

Megadethhhhh

REPORTED!

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:51 PM

This is a post not meant to offend anyone or anything so haters, you can just close your damn screens if you can't take the heat. First of all, take a look at their lineups..JohnnyUtah aka Remstar (the overrated and egoistic kid that flames), mO- (the below average black pimp that feeds), AMXZaku (the self-denial chap that bullshits), XsK_Samurai (the worst DotA player ever) and the last i cant seem to recall because he simply suck so bad that my brain immediately removes that memory. Looking back at the short days when PokerStars were still alive, they simply never made it big or win any tournaments. In fact, losing against all recognized teams out there and only capable of winning low standard teams. What a disgrace! I mean, if u know u suck, then either quit gaming or shut the hell up. BTW guys, spread the news on this please! mO-, u r one noob son of a *** so screw ur mom u big black fuck! as for u Remstar, go *** ur mom and get into prison. maybe then u can get analed by some gay asshole. for the rest of u noob PokerStars team, ARGO-FUCKYOURSELVES!