An entertaining rant regarding KoTL

34 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 pr0tential

pr0tential

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

So i played 3 games since the patch hit, first game lost to KoTL, 2nd game picked KoTL myself won game, 3rd game lost again to a KoTL.

Now obviously this is a very small sample size but i think it needs to be discussed how obnoxious this hero is and how we should tar and feather him/stone him/hang him/horse method thing where u tie 4 limbs to 4 horses and have them run at the same time or any other medieval form of death i am missing.

Early game: Gives him and laneing partner infinite mana, uses infinite mana to shove lane with 50,000 range aoe wave, pushes u out of lane with no penalty or risk, gets tier 1 towers slow and safe.

Mid game: Gives everyone on team free mana whenever they need it, most heros who used to depend on arcane boots do not even need to get it due to his presence. Can save teammates from ganks or bad positioning with what is pretty much a global chen E. Shove lane with 50,000 range aoe wave, gets tier 2 towers slow and safe.

Late game: Guaranteed to have at the very least force staff + mek since he just makes free money with 50,000 range aoe wave, plus everything already mentioned above, also uses said wave to push tier 3 towers more slowly and safely than any other hero in the game.

Now i didn't say he is overpowered so b4 the mandatory flamers come with the cry more wah wah got owned noob so bad and mad thus sad troll i only said he is very obnoxious and i want to kill his entire family.

Discuss.

EDIT: this post was made because my old one was locked for not putting enough thought into it.

#2 Dinozavre

Dinozavre

BurNing AM

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

He has like 200hp, throw 2 nukes at him.

#3 dotafanatic

dotafanatic

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:17 PM

wah wah got owned noob so bad and mad thus sad troll

#4 LegoLas

LegoLas

Moderation

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

If you wanted to add this content to your last thread you could have just pm'ed me about it. I would have unlocked it for you, and you could have edited.
Well I'll push the last one to trash then.
Appreciation for making this thread of more sense.

#5 ilogis

ilogis

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:39 PM

He has been like that for 50,000 years, buff, nerf here and there but mandatory is still the same. Every hero is obnoxious when you get owned by good player. Omg troll warlord perma bash me, omg Lion disable me for 50 seconds, omg Furion teleport and farm every where and has 50,000 golds

#6 dttsomh-EMI

dttsomh-EMI

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

kotl is just fine, maybe you are new to dota considering not lots of americans played dota1 before. KotL been like that for ages and he always ended up feeding the opposite team.

#7 pr0tential

pr0tential

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

#4 and #5 so u guys don't think he will be used in competitive play at all?

for me it feels like hes almost worth a ban or at least picked quite consistently

#8 dttsomh-EMI

dttsomh-EMI

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

only worthy lanes KotL been part of in CMs were (as far as I remember) KotL+pl(phantom Lancer) and KotL+bb(bristleback) and they were just for the babysitted hero to spam the opposite enemy. A magic stick and tranquil boots or any other items that are extremely useful earlygame and very underrated would do the job just fine against those two lanes. Especially if they are mid you just go for qop/rashta/lesh etc heroes that just need few levels then rune control and gangs on trilanes.

Another posibility would be kotl on trilane which is also bad because he has like 400hp at level 5(that means like 7-10minute into the game) and if he keeps using first skill he pushes the lane of the hero he must babysit which is bad and gives xp to the opposite offlane hero. So from start he wouldn't even skill illuminate and just go 2nd and 3rd. Only good spell for him is manaleak which is a bad spell against an agressive trilane (maybe cant really consider it a bad spell but not as useful as a venge/es/visage stun/nuke etc...).

#9 paul-tehoctupus

paul-tehoctupus

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

just play ganking lineups against him+ lesh and ure fine.

#10 yuuhuu

yuuhuu

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Again those whiners :D ! Go kill self to safe this earth from dumbases ! [>_<]