Tips/Rules to earn points in Dota2

15 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 TheLichKing

TheLichKing

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

I see that different style/minutes of play affect how much points we earn at the end of the game. are there any rules or tips how to earn as many points as possible. do we have to pick certain unpopular heroes? do we have to play a long, balanced game to earn more points? does commends/reports points we earn? links welcome

#2 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

Moved.

#3 Fr3akad3ll3

Fr3akad3ll3

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

since battle points give no hint in how good a player is i wonder what they are about in the first place ..
same thing with the commendations, i hate those guys who whore around in chat spamming "linke me and i like you back", some of them spending more time for that than actually playing the game ..

on topic :
from what i experienced, the game lenght is the most influencial factor for the number of battle points you earn, winning/loosing doesnt make a difference, individual statistics might, but not in a great matter ...

just play alot and you will rise fast (average game gives me 50 bp, so 20 games make a lvl)

#4 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:30 PM

Game length and ~same skill of the teams give you the most points afaik.

Agree with #2 with commendations and BPs,cause obviously if you play a lot,you will have a high lvl,no matter if you win or if you play well enough or not.

#5 SimbaDota

SimbaDota

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

do these battle points affect the matchmaking system? i mean if i get higher lvl then ill play with more skilled players?

#6 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

#4 i think they are supposed to,but i always see a guy with 300 e.g. wins playing along with someone that's got 50 e.g. wins.Maybe the parties have to do something with this,i mean if you have 400 wins and you party with a friend that has 10 wins,the BP can't do anything for that

#7 PaiN-

PaiN-

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:28 PM

#5 He was talking about battle points. Battle points =/= wins

#8 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

#6 I know what he meant.What i said was that even if you are 20 lvls,you may still be in a party with a 2 lvl guy.MM can't put you in different games,so the same level/win opponents thing isn't always applied.

#9 frantic_

frantic_

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:51 AM

Citation from http://www.dota2.com/spoilsofwar/faq

Q: What are Battle Levels? What are Battle Points?
A: Each time you complete a matchmaking game, you will be rewarded with Battle Points. Earn enough of them, and your profile's Battle Level will increase, at which point you'll receive a new item.

The way I understand is that battle points merely have an impact on the amount of items you receive. You play more = more items

#10 digestivee

digestivee

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

#8 no you are 100% sure to get an item when you level up. rest is random