Idee

9 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Crown1

Crown1

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:03 PM

One of the assist heroes buys a bottle for hes solo mid at the begining of the match.
There are lots of matches where the mid dominance is determined by the one who gets hes bottle first. So why not buy your mid player a bottle at the begining ?
Of course this will get your assist hero with no regen so how about just get regen with your assist hero with 200 gold then just farm the 200 gold with a pull in the forest (by min 1) and then buy your mid hero a bottle so he can rush some other items
What do u think? Can this be viable in some situations ?

#2 cck

cck

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

I've seen this done for tiny a couple of times by try hard 5-man pubbers. Never in a pro game. I think it would brake the item pooling rule. Might be legal in some tournaments that don't have that rule.

#3 Fr3akad3ll3

Fr3akad3ll3

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

since you wont start spamming your spells from lv1 with most heroes, that rush bottle in mid (because the harrasement on lv 1 is not worth the mana) they can easily farm their old bottle up to lv 3 , and the 600 gold difference he would have from the bottle by a support are evened out, when your supporter doesnt feed on lane

not worth it imo, if you are able to farm properly you dont need it

#4 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:20 AM

Not legal in G-League.

#5 YoonJim

YoonJim

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Its useless to spam skills at lvl 1, its better just to let your supports buy wards/smoke and courier to help the mid laner and your carry in there lane.

#6 estranged

estranged

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:30 PM

demon did this: picked pudge, supports bought him 3 bottles, he rushed tarraske and nobody stopped him hauhauh

#7 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

I've seen a lot of times,supports buy tango/salve for the carry(e.g. AM buys PMS and gets the reg from the supports),that could be used as well with the bottle.

#8 DannyDoedel

DannyDoedel

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

I find it pretty sad and can't really understand why this is illegal in some tournaments like G-League. I mean, the game itself doesn't forbid it (because technically it's possible to share reg-items, bottle, ports) so i'm pretty sure someone (in this case icefrog) has made up his mind about this matter and knows why he's doing it, so why does anyone add rules in addition to the ingame rules? It's no bug or anything like that, so in my opinion it should be a valid action. Also, giving the lane partners reg items to use them is not illegal if i remember correctly, so where are they going to draw the line? Stupid rule in my opinion.
On topic: pretty cool idea, think i'm going to try it!

#9 Crush3d

Crush3d

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:44 AM

CCM got disqualified last year because someone bought a clarity for Zhou to finish his BKB on morphling while he was 30 gold away from it.

Maybe such things are barely noticed, and sometimes doesn't affect the way the game is going. However, sometimes it's a game breaking.

Edit: That's won't happen in Dota 2 though, because you can't sell an item that doesn't belong to you.

Would agree with #2, you can farm it pretty fast when you start with 3 branches tango/salve. just like the most of present solo mid players do. Better that your support have his wards and some branches than feeding with no items.

#10 GGnet.Ace

GGnet.Ace

BurNing AM

• Advanced Member

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Because stats are crucial for last hitting even if you are tiny.Bottle offers you
3 charges of 135 health and 70 mana.Totally 405 health and 210 mana=1 salve and 2 clarities [cost compare 600 gold vs 200 gold] (considering u arent refilling it).To be honest nobody guarantees you that u will get a rune to fill ur bottle (bottle crow does).Get a bottle I am not against it but NOT AS FIRST ITEM even if you random and u have extra gold.A good tactic for a fast bottle is 3 brances and a salve +350 gold left on you.(Kuroky did that on Shadowfiend) .But a naked bottle is pure stupidity imo (with the exception of doing crazy roam stuff Mineski style and being MEGA LUCKY but the chance is still slim)