Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

#3 bluex

bluex

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

Be good at last hits? Choose a farming oriented hero?

#4 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:29 PM

Have 2 people watching your back.

lol @ #3

#5 lostinrain

lostinrain

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

call burning to play ur hero :P

#6 4saken.infinity

4saken.infinity

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

#1 no hate but that video is kind of old and has outdated notions. For instance, while it's indeed a very wise thing to hold a lane by maintaining creep balance and continue farming there, you should do that only very early in the game and not nearly for the length of time the video suggests because we now have smoke ganks. Etc.

OP, the fastest way to farm is to invest in it. If you are a melee carry, get a battlefury or a radiance depending on the hero. If you are a ranged carry without a nuke, get lifesteal manta and farm ancients and neutrals, stack them where you can. If you are a ranged carry with nukes that can clear camps, use those as often as you can. If you are a support, optimize the time you spend supporting vs the time you spend clearing neutrals and stack them for your carry when you can. For any type of hero, if you can get a really early hand of midas, consider it.

But you must always consider the caveats. Investing in a naked battlefury might not be the best choice vs a pushing lineup or a lineup with nukers, for instance. In that scenario, getting a vanguard, hood or a linkens or something to help you live will result in much more farm. It might also be a good idea to start with heroes that have cheap escape and/or to get cheap escape on heroes that don't (force staff, shadow blade(lothars) etc.).

Another interesting way to farm is to farm heroes rather than creeps. Get a really aggressive hero and play really aggressive. If the enemy smartens up and hides all the time, just farm creeps. etc. etc.

Basically, play more and you will learn how to do things on your own. But only if you experiment things and make conscious choices to get better. Oh and always have confidence in yourself. If you pussy out and stay back all the time, you will see ganks where none were happening and end up with no farm.

#7 yoshi-

yoshi-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

^That post is so wrong...

#8 sarrey

sarrey

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

2012-07-05 15:58, 4saken.infinity wrote:
#1 no hate but that video is kind of old and has outdated notions. For instance, while it's indeed a very wise thing to hold a lane by maintaining creep balance and continue farming there, you should do that only very early in the game and not nearly for the length of time the video suggests because we now have smoke ganks. Etc.

OP, the fastest way to farm is to invest in it. If you are a melee carry, get a battlefury or a radiance depending on the hero. If you are a ranged carry without a nuke, get lifesteal manta and farm ancients and neutrals, stack them where you can. If you are a ranged carry with nukes that can clear camps, use those as often as you can.

I stopped reading after that.

#9 holypepsi

holypepsi

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

go watch singsing stream when hes playin farming hero. it is abt the intensity of farming and the rhythem of the game.

#10 4saken.infinity

4saken.infinity

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:03 PM

#7 #8, care to share why you think I am wrong? Farming is something I am really really comfortable with so I would think I know a thing or two about it but I am always open to changing my ways if I am convinced otherwise in a good argument. "So wrong" and "Stopped reading" etc. in reply to a very on-the-surface post isn't gonna do anything at all but waste your time typing that in and my time reading it.