Higgs Boson

8 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 7_ShininGAngel

7_ShininGAngel

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

I'm sure many of you are aware of the Higgs Boson news going on these days, so I just wanted to share a video I really liked explaining the particle a little.

Edit: http://www.mpg.de/5882007/higgs_boson <-- Added the news I was talking about, for those who wonder.

#2 malnor

malnor

Honorary Crew

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:51 AM

Great, that you share this animation. It's probably the best I've seen so far. Worth sharing!

#3 jetsutter

jetsutter

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

Thanks! It is good to know what other things lies in our universe and through eternity things. But the main thing is the credibility of the scientists doing this research. They are the ones to decide if this sub-atomic particle is for real. Now, time to watch the video.

#4 Icefog

Icefog

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

jesus christ, not this shit again...

#5 bebeLUVnardo

bebeLUVnardo

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:47 PM

Yea of course but if it's wrong we will soon find out or rather other scientist will. The standard model will fall apart and it cannot be used to expand our understanding of the universe. It's more about where the evidence and what it tells you. For use who are not involved on the experiment and clueless on the entire process. We have to rely on their credibility.

But why would they want to waste time anyway, just to make conspiracy theoriest feel happy about themselves.

#6 Icefog

Icefog

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

they dont waste their time, scientific sector was infiltrated long time ago by religious fanatics.

It was around the time when religion started to lose to science So in order to PROVE that god is real and really created the universe, they started infiltrating the science sector. They created teorethical physics which is like the high level religion and suddently, all the teories started poping out.

Their first big achievement was when society finaly accepted the big bang theory which they can eventually link directly to the god.

Well and now with all the god's cum floating around the universe proven to be true...they must be happy as a pig in shit.

Spoiler

#7 bebeLUVnardo

bebeLUVnardo

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

Well of course that's not what I meant. I was just trying to say that those physicist are very unlikely to release such findings and claims if it's not supported by facts and evidence.

I'm not sure which came first if the DNA structure being discovered or the Big bang finally being proven with solid evidence. But I think it's the latter.

#8 xyxspliffy

xyxspliffy

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

fascinating stuff

#9 shizzlle

shizzlle

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm no physics buff or anything close to it, though the idea of understanding this particle more and maybe even one day controlling it seems very intriguing. If so, people will definitely look back on this occasion throughout the future as this seems like it could one day be quite influential on technological development.