Hero Tier List for Pub matches

7 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 pr0tential

pr0tential

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

Just curious as to the community's opinion on hero power rankings in pub matches. Keep in mind this is for pub games NOT tournament play.

This is my opinion as to how the list would go

Jungle:
1. Lycan
2. Enchant
3. Darkseer

For jungle lycan is just too hard to shut down with a typical pub team and enchant has a great combination of gank/push/late game dps ability. And DS for his great teamfight initiation and jungle clear times.

Mid:
1. Invoker
2. QoP
3. Pudge

Mid lane invoker has just too much survivability to not be #1 in my list, his health regen alone can win him mid without ever even getting a rune. QoP is extremely elusive pretty much a ranged antimage who ganks and boasts a great mid-late game for how strong her early game is. Pudge at 3 i feel only because this is a pub tier list and a good pudge player can easily snowball out of control with a few early landed hooks in your average pub match and proceed to control the entire game from there.

Carry:
1. Antimage
2. Viper
3. Faceless Void

Antimage at #1 not because he is the strongest hard carry but because i feel that out of all the hard carries he has the most impact early on with his mana burn and ult. Viper is argueably one of the easiest heros to play in the game and can outlane almost anyone mid with his long range+harass as well as gank successfully with the right runes. Faceless compared to AM has a much slower early game but can outcarry pretty much anyone later on provided he has equal farm because of his chrono bubble.

Support:
1. Windrunner
2. Venomancer
3. Tidehunter

Windrunner and veno are both extremely versatile and can fit in almost any role which imo gives them the #1 and 2 spots easy in the support category. Tidehunter argueably has the best initiation ult in the game in terms of reliability and aoe making him my #3 choice.

Feel free to post your pub hero tier lists or critique mine however you like. I am very interested in seeing how heros rank from players around the world who play in different metas and have unique views on the game itself.

#2 funnny

funnny

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

AM is one of the weakest hard carrys compared to others with equal farm...

#3 S1lv3r

S1lv3r

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:56 PM

In pub i dont see support that much, but heros play really support roles they are most likely Shadow Demon and Lich imo.
Tide most games i played with him in team, tried to farm, stuff like dagger, pipe refresher. thats no support anymore imo.
For jungeling, the most played hero as far as i know in jungle is Naturs Prophet.
He can easily jungle almost every game, he got huge push potential in mid game, and can be a carry in late due to his awesome ability to farm high amounts of creeps.

#4 Tulex

Tulex

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

http://stats.dota2.be/herostats

#5 tgmy

tgmy

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

am is by far one of the worst hard carries in pubs as most people dont know how to play him properly even though people assume its easy

and u have to consider what you mean by pubs, pub stomping? or just playing well in a pub setting where bans arent an issue

morphling/qop/storm are really good pub stompers and work well in real games

seriously morphling is one of the most ridiculously imbalanced heroes with viability throughout the game now that theres ethreal blade

invisi heroes in genearl are good for stomping pubs too clinkz and bh are viable in both settings

Jugg has long been my personal favourite but needs real teamwork to work in a competitive setting but soooooo very easy to stomp pubs with

and lastly

LYCAN = autowin if played even reasonably well with a proper build

#6 hellraider

hellraider

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:26 PM

ty tulex

#7 texugo1337

texugo1337

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:21 AM

lycan is #1 in any role, in any circunstances.

#8 shreyuz

shreyuz

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 July 2012 - 05:15 AM

Jungle :
1. Lycan
2. Furion

Carry :
1. Lycan
2. Riki
3. Huskar

Seriously Huskar with decent farm is unkillable in pubs. There are normally no more than 1-2 disablers and huskar can out carry any one if there isnt a disabler.

Semi Carry :
1. Blood seeker
2. Balanar

BS/Bala can solo kill in pubs every time without opponent TP scrolls ;)