Practical Lycan Counters?

47 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 pr0tential

pr0tential

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Hey i was just wondering what the most popularly effective and practical counters to a lycan in pub games are.

Some games my team will literally win every lane and still lose cuz we ignored him in jungle, some games my team will gank him none stop but end up losing because it cost us other lanes plus he just ends up coming back neways cuz all he needs is like 2 items to steamroll.

Any suggestions of heros or strats used to counter lycan would be much appreciated!

#2 thebaciomuna

thebaciomuna

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:22 PM

just watch the recent mtw vs mouz
;)

#3 pr0tential

pr0tential

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

2012-06-28 23:22, thebaciomuna wrote:
just watch the recent mtw vs mouz
;)

that takes too much effort ):

no1 has just a simple like so and so hero counters him because...
or so and so strat works because...
?

#4 Evilm

Evilm

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

A beastmaster is a solid "counter" as his ulti stops lycan for 5 sec even in bkb form and you can stop neutral spawns with your animals.

Or you can do a trick we did few times (although i was playing with friends) - we ganged his forest in 4 guys, ousted him from the jungle and at 1:00 we double stacked all the camps so he was not able to farm at all for some time : ) a little trolling :-D

or you can just harrash him in the jungle with an enchantress who will be enchanting his wolves while he's farming from lvl 1, if it's a pub it would be hard for him to get a help from his team to remove her ~ and ofc have a control of rosh and don't let him solo it. all you need to stop him there is a stun or smth that will kill the wolves.

Question - does ice wall go through shapeshift?

#5 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

Ward.

#6 pr0tential

pr0tential

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

So does that mean any spell disable that goes through bkb counters him too or just beastmaster in particular?

i.e. bane ult, pudge ult, and lone druid bear tangle?

#7 AnubiA.DemoniC

AnubiA.DemoniC

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

#3 no to your question
@ Depends which lycan, if it's the combat one (vlads medallion bkb) bat & enigma counters him very well, if it's the pushing one it's a little tougher, but basically a midas hero, you can kill blue necro with midas without taking damage, and having chen/ench take over the ranged one is quite good. But my best tip: if you don't have firstpick, ban him.

#8 Master_Ming

Master_Ming

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Wards, wards and wards. You need them around the Rosh pit and in his jungle. If you add some people with additional map control like Furion, Tinker or Beastmaster to it then you pretty much always know where he is.
Ganks only cost you 1 minute of Lane time then. What would also help you is a long laner who can hold the lane while his partner ganks Lycan.
Veno, WR or Weaver come to mind now.
And last but not least: push out the lanes. Lycan is heavily dependent on his team holding the lanes. If you push the towers down, that surround his jungle, farming is a lot harder for him.

For the tldr: Many wards, global heroes, someone holding the long lane and a lot of pushing power

#9 pr0tential

pr0tential

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

#7 I see what ur saying with the furion global control thing but he kinda sucks at ganking lycan. Whenever u port in with him and sprout he just quelling blades out and runs. Tinker isn't as good too since he can only port into lanes.

But i do like the outpushing suggestion that makes alot of sense. If u can roll all the tier 1 towers early then hes under alot of pressure to jungle. But the thing with that is if ur running a push comp are u going to be strong enuf mid game to take him on where he is strongest?

#10 Master_Ming

Master_Ming

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

The Idea is not to let him get strong. If you shut him down early and correctly, then he is no threat to you in the midgame. And having a push oriented lineup does not mean that all of your team needs to be a pusher hero, you can push with 4 heroes as long as the enemy team does not have a really good coordination.