3 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 eu4ya

eu4ya

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hello hello,

There's a problem with dota 2 video settings, they won't save. I mean ill have to change every time i launch dota, sometimes it changes to 640 and other option stay the same, sometimes it stays as i want, just few setting switches, for example V-sync, quality and so on. But the biggest mistery is that +-3 weeks before everything was perfect.
I've read in other forums about 'how to fix it'. Nothing works. Steam cloud - on, reinstall - done, cfg - default, basically seen all - done all. Maybe the community in here knows and will share advices how to deal with it. Thank you for your answers.

#2 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Turn off cloud. Remove your launch options and replace with -autoconfig. Launch the game. Quit. Remove -autoexec. Launch the game. Make your settings. Close the game.

#3 CtChocula

CtChocula

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

I had this problem too, but then I found out that if you exit Dota2 by using the exit button, the video settings will stay as you set them. If you exit Dota2 using Ctrl-Alt-Del and force exit it, then it will revert back to the config in your Steam folder, which for me was 640x480.

#4 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

Then change the config in your steam folder.