Respect to LGD

10 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

LGD was in Shanghai for G-League. During this past week, they went 3-0 in their group to go into the Sunday semifinal as a high seed.

But the night before, they played the Gigabyte Masters grand final, facing internet and computer problems. In the end, they spent the night running around town in order to complete the 4 games on an international stream.

Sunday, they lost. From a chance at returning to the big stage to avenge the last season against old rival DK and 200,000 in prize money down to 10,000 and front row seats. But it's about how they got here.

The group of players in LGD now came into the professional scene in 2010 as team Dream.
http://www.gosugamer...a/rankings/9421

Dream was yet another young team of many to give up their comforts in life and chase the dream of professional e-sports. In 2010, they stood out for frequent upsets of top Chinese teams, but they fail to get past the first round of international LANs. Dream disbanded and their players went on to more experienced teams in CCM and Tyloo, finally making accomplishments internationally. But four of Dream came back together when LGD needed a new team.

At first it seemed they never broke their curse. They dropped out of SMM 2012 by two losses to MI after a seemingly strong start. Two years later, is the international stage still too much for those youth of the dream? But they have plenty more chances to prove themselves. This year the international scene is back at full speed and this weekend, though not at LAN, the dreamers overcame traveling, computer, internet, and their busy schedules. LGD came out strong to the end, just maybe showing them worthy of the championship name. The LANs will come.

No team has it easy. E-sports is a dream, not a living. After initial questions on the roster change and poor results, the reformed LGD were quickly loosing support of the old LGD and Dream fans. But they didn't panic. With another roster change and the support of the management they trained and worked their way back to the podium and the hearts of their fans. Through the hard times LGD was one of the least healthy teams in the scene. Illness was a common theme in their public interviews and feeds. Sometimes hospitalization.

LGD had also moved the team from their long standing home in Changsha to Tianjin half way across the country. Then ACE brought the teams to Beijing, but weekends, just like this one, were spent in Shanghai. Now I remind myself that the season has hardly started. But now is as good a time as any to be prepared. Don't forget to slow down for the apex. You can get past them once the pedals drop.

Last night LGD won. It wasn't about the money. It was about the dream, the international stage.

#2 Booncz

Booncz

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

Respect to all Asian teams for fighting with bad conditions...It's amazing to see that they are playing for the fame and for their fans.(not caring so much about the money as in Europe). They always overcome obstacles and they play the best dota in the world. They are just born as the best persons and the best players at the same time...So respect to iG/LGD/Orange/TongFu/Duskbin/EHOME/Aeon/Minimice/MUFC/WE and all other I forgot to mention...
Spoiler

#3 Crush3d

Crush3d

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Asian teams were always admirable in term of sportsmanship. Real professionalism out there.

#4 iishy

iishy

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

For me LGD and FTD has always been synonymous with each other. Even when all the FTD/original LGD players were no longer a part of it they were still my favorite chinese team. This team always carrys the spirit of For the Dream.

+1

#5 gLhF.rEvere

gLhF.rEvere

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Respect.

#6 langka

langka

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Respect LGD best players

#7 LGD.Mali

LGD.Mali

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'll tell the story to my child. Thanks for the thread. I'll give you credits Ngazi, don't worry

#8 ggnet.s

ggnet.s

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

better luck next time zenith.

#9 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

2012-06-24 23:58, iishy wrote:
For me LGD and FTD has always been synonymous with each other. Even when all the FTD/original LGD players were no longer a part of it they were still my favorite chinese team. This team always carrys the spirit of For the Dream.

+1

Yes it is quite interesting that the LGD teams have been For the Dream and Dream.

#10 Rufio-

Rufio-

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:37 AM

Ngazi, your post made me do this

Posted Image