• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

no

#3 LGD.Mali

LGD.Mali

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:49 AM

I don't think it will be very successful. People want to see if there will be problems with this tournament but if it works out well, I am sure more and more people will buy tickets for future events.

#4 pikertepe

pikertepe

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

Postponed games and rescheduled games will ruin the subscription option.

#5 BTS.GoDz

BTS.GoDz

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Postponed/rescheduled doesnt really affect it. Either way all games will be played and viewable on dotatv. Its worth getting if you wanan watch in dotaTV.

I didn't cuz i dont have enough free time.

#6 cck

cck

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I might buy it. I mean, it's directly supporting them for making the tournament, and I'm using adblock, so they don't get anything from me watching the stream. And there have been times when I wanted to watch the replays from the player's perspective. For example, I'd like to watch Dendi's tinker in game 1 finals at Dreamhack, so hopefully there will be some sick plays like that in The Defense, too :D

#7 iii.

iii.

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

[>_<]

#8 Akimp

Akimp

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

are u kidding me ???? you must be really stupid to buy such stupid thing. I apply everyone to boycot this experiment by valve so we have our free replays.

dont be stupid ppl

#9 tazmaster

tazmaster

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:57 AM

I was expecting to add dota 2 tv pass to watch the tournaments. I think its a nice feature, if they keep it at a low price, and the price not fluctuate depending on the tournament (ex ti2 dota tv pass at a large price).

For others that don't agree with this feature, well i can say i'm 100% with this change, but since you don't pay to play the game, they need to make some $ over the game. Thats business. And i'm sure it will gona help the future tournaments prizes to become larger

And to be ok with the replays so everyone can see them, they should make them available after some nr of months (1-2 for ex) after the tournament finished. Like the chinese did with the dota 1 replays and mostly with the wc3 replays

#10 ava-fans

ava-fans

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

2012-06-21 13:55, Akimp wrote:
are u kidding me ???? you must be really stupid to buy such stupid thing. I apply everyone to boycot this experiment by valve so we have our free replays.

dont be stupid ppl

What the hell?

That's an amazing idea, what are you even saying? Do you expect ValvE to do everything for free? They're not taking anything from you, free streams will still be up, like they always were. The only thing that is changing is that they're giving you one more OPTION.

And this option encourage tournaments and players to be more professionals, not mentioning the fact that it would give some money to the tournament's managers what would help its prize pool or even help more tournaments to kick off.

I support this 100%, even though I'm not buying The Defense 2, cause of lack of time, I'll be buying TI2 without any doubts, as its on a weekend.