illusions stun dodges mech question

17 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 physiology

physiology

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

Hello, so as you all know CK is playable and i was playing him vs a tide in the enemy team. I know that in dota1 u can use manta style to dodge stuns if you time it right, so in that game i tried to time my phantasm at the right time when i see tide's casting ravage animation. Either i really suck at dota or the illusion trick doesnt work anymore, but 100% of the time, i get hit by the ravage spikes when my illusions r in the air.

So i am wondering does phantasm or manta style or any kind of illusion spells such as naga's illusion (i know shes not in the hero pool yet) still works in dota2?

thank you for answering.

#2 cck

cck

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

I know for a fact that you can manta dodge direct stuns, like vs magic missile. Something might be broken either with ravage or with ck's ulty, tho. That is possible.

#3 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

That might depend on where you were during Tide's ulty.Cause the spikes(stun) of his ulty are going from inside,to outside,if you know what i mean.You may have dodged it if you were near to tide,but maybe you were at the edge of his ulty range and the stun still got you.Just a thought.

#4 Vertigo

Vertigo

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Only way to dodge Tide's ulti if you're in range of it, is to blink towards Tide as soon as he casts ravage so you basically avoid the spikes from hitting you. I don't think there's any other way to dodge his ult.

#5 SeniorKittyKat

SeniorKittyKat

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

can dodge LoH's ravage easy :)

#6 Machz

Machz

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

It is not the creation of Illusions what stops you from getting stunned, but the mechanics.

In Dota1, Manta Style hides your unit 0.6 seconds, making it practically invulnerable.
In Dota2, the same mechanic occurs, although I'm not 100% sure it is still a 0.6 seconds window.

Spawning illusions is not necessarily equal to using Manta Style. For example, spells dodgeable with Manta, are not with an Illusion Rune. Since it just creates copies of your unit.

You need to check Phantasm mechanics, and see wether it hides your unit like Manta, or it is just a visual effect.

#7 physiology

physiology

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:08 AM

ok ty very much guys

#8 holypepsi

holypepsi

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

manta in dota2 is 0.1s invulnerable i think. not sure CK ulti works like that anymore, good point brought up by op.

#9 Y-fi

Y-fi

Merlini Zeus

• GosuCrew Mods

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

If you time it right wrt your position wrt to the tidehunter, its supposed to work. If it doesnt, you can complaint on dev site and help us all :D

#10 xRdR

xRdR

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:40 AM

Lol. It can't be 0.6 sec in dota 1. They made it 0.3 sec in dota 2 and it was too easy to dodge anything, becasue the window was so big. In the recent patch they made it 0.1 sec and it's probably back to it's dota 1 status.