Spectators : Enabled ?

8 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

So i didn't hear anyone complaining about lags during the TI2 qualifiers,when 3-4k specs were watching the games.So why the spectators are disabled once again ?

#2 SimbaDota

SimbaDota

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

if there are no viewers on the stream, there wont be any dota2 championships.. They need stream viewers because of advertisement.

#3 pagan-poetry

pagan-poetry

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:48 PM

^ but they should release the replays ... maybe after 18 hours or something .

#4 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:56 PM

#1 The reason(more like an excuse) why every game was with disabled spectators option,was that the specs cause lag.That's why i'm telling that.

#5 Acanthus

Acanthus

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

Cause the players disable them themselves in practice lobbies

#6 COBHateCrew

COBHateCrew

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Some casters may say that it causes lag but others are honest that they need viewers to support the tournament and ofcourse the casters.
And BTW when u create a private lobby it is by default spectators disabled. I also think thats the reason

#7 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

#4 Yeah i know that,i mean the tour games,where a person like tuski,holymaster sets up the game.

#5 I got angry at tobi cause he was always saying about that lag thing,but hey,if purge needs help with his stream,i'm here to help him(i already do that).As you mentioned,i want to help the honest ones,not the others.And when spectators were on by default they always remembered to close them ;)

#8 tain

tain

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

spectators were enabled during qualifications and streamers got a lot of viewers as well....
we should be able to choose between spectating or watching stream, and streamers should be interesting and force me to want to watch their stream... not because i have to....

#9 smurfsmurf

smurfsmurf

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:17 AM

it was already stated long ago, streamers want money so they disable spectators. it will be nice if valve can implement ads within dotatv