2 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 IbZzI-

IbZzI-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hi,

Sorry I know this is the wrong place to post this but the WoW forum has no activity whatsoever, and i need an answer as soon as possible. please dont lock

well i have been playing on private servers my whole life.. i have gotten tired of x20 servers and people donating money to get heroic gear instantly.. even the blizzlike servers i played on had the same option. it ruins the game play, not to mention all the bugs.. so i have decided to play on retail..

however, since it is my first time.. i need to figure something out.. i can buy an original cata cd from a nearby store.. the only problem is i don't know if i need an original vanilla, tbc, wotlk to go with it.. can the previous installments be torrent copies? or do they have to be original aswell?

also, when mists of panderea comes out, will i have to buy the original cd for that aswell or will my launcher automatically patch me up to the current platform?

sorry if my questions are moronic, money is tight and i dont want to waste it (inb4 buying wow is a waste of money).. so i need to be sure about what i need to buy and what i dont..

thanks in advance

#2 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

You need to have the previous games to be able to update to cataclysm. And when mists of pandaria comes out you will have to buy that expansion as well or you wont be able to get into areas that are from mists of pandaria and ull be stuck in Cataclysm. As far as I know it cant be torrent copies since each game has its own cd-key...which you need to activate them on battle.net You can prolly buy them pretty cheap digitally online on battle.net though up to cataclysm. Buying them in a "battle-chest" as its called is cheaper than buying each copy for itself.

Hope this helped :)

#3 ggnet.s

ggnet.s

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:25 AM

Just get the original and genuine one.