Prometheus (May contain spoilers!)

29 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Has anyone seen it yet? I just watched it today and... OH MY GOD!!! it was bloody brilliant!!! I miss old ridley scott movies :(

#2 nyaniwa

nyaniwa

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

If you watch the extended trailer the entire plot is revealed if you peace it together, there was something on r/movie about it. Looks real good though!

#3 Vertigo

Vertigo

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

^ I haven't watched the trailer due to the above mentioned reasons, an article warned me not to watch it if I don't want it to spoil everything. I have high hopes for the movie, but I can only watch it next thursday tho.

#4 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

I didnt watch the trailer... I rarely watch trailers..mainly cuz of the reason stated above :P They tend to ruin the movie for me... I loved the movie... had high hopes for it and tbh it blew my hopes out of the window! :)

#5 MoonlightEverest

MoonlightEverest

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

is there a site where i can watch this movie?

#6 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Probably not since it's just out in the cinema yesterday lol. You could try going there instead :P

And even if there was... We wouldnt allowed posting such pages here. Try googling in that case.

#7 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Don't spam. The topic is about Prometheus not other movies so stick to it please.

#8 homesmasher

homesmasher

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

Didn't care to watch the movie, was a huge fan of the alien-series, but I fear that watching a newer version, with better effects, but worse story/directing/acting will ruin everything for me.
Due to special effects i will no longer be able to go back, and due to worse storyline etc i will not enjoy this 1 :\
And the trailer didn't really entice me, theres just a huge ship exploding, it tells me the movie propebly focuses more on "cool explosions!" rather then focusing on telling me a daring and enticing story.
Feel free to confirm/deny, is the story good? or is it over simplified as to cater to the greater audience (aka the 14 year olds)

#9 Eresea

Eresea

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well I had quite high expectations for it tbh but it kinda blew them out of my head :D I loved it. I watched it in 3d tho and tbh am very glad I did since it was recorded with proper 3d cameras. The effects are ofc newer but the story/directing and acting was not bad at all tbh.

I only watched one trailer for it prolly not the latest one i think it was the first one that came out and i didnt really think it was anything amazing either but watching the movie itself kinda changed that opinion very quick. To me it didnt focus on cool explosions... it was a lot about the actual storyline and how the aliens got invented and stuff... I really liked it.

Tbh, to simplify how i felt about it.... it really REALLY made me wanna go back and watch the old alien movies! :)

#10 lubacos

lubacos

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

audiovisuals fantastic, but honestly not as good as aliens at all.
There are holes in screenplay, some characters act like after lobotomy.
But still i enjoyed it.