I have a Dream

44 replies to this topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

#1 rekognize

rekognize

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

I have a dream that wan day we shall be relieved from the current dota2 streams, Valve comes up to us and say "you no longer have to hear tobi scream", that dota2 tv finally works as intended and everyone is given the choice to watch from inside the game.

Now bluds ,I'm sure people would debate the financial aspect of this dream, "how will sponsors profit from this", a small fix by dota2 team where they introduce the sponsors of the current tournament before every game starts and after every game ends.

Don't want any blud coming over and saying that is impossible don't forget this is the same game that had an excitement level menu available, announcing that a tournament is sponsored by "......." before and after a game shouldn't be difficult.

Tnx :o

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2 BernardBlack

BernardBlack

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

valve said that they wanna everyone to be able watch TI2 from the game client, hope they keep the promise

#3 Q.ex

Q.ex

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:30 PM

stop trolling the forum....

#4 changeling

changeling

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Just to quote a statement from one of my favorite Starcraft2 casters, MrBitter: "Streaming IS E-Sports!"

#5 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

#1 Yeah,i remember that too,but then Tobi cried about the lags ip joins cause.

#6 dopeshow.

dopeshow.

Project Lead

• GosuCrew Admins

Posted 30 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

you may take into consideration that it's more than just sponsors for tournaments that will suffer through dota2tv: people like purge, tobi or other make a living out of commentating the games by getting a share of the revenue from running ads on their channels.
dota2tv will also be very unflexible compared to "productions" - bigger events may like to juggle different camera perspectives.

as great as dota2tv might be on first notice, in my opinion the value that gets lost is bigger than the value we might get, excluding the hardcore fanatics of course.

#7 BabyF4CE

BabyF4CE

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

#4 Totally agree with that sentence.

#8 wagamamaw

wagamamaw

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

#4 +1, thats why I hate the DotaTV concept. It would be a sad thing if people switch to always watching over that instead of tuning in on streams.

#9 OuchDamage

OuchDamage

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

imagine watching basketbaLL without commentators.

#10 BernardBlack

BernardBlack

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 30 May 2012 - 02:35 PM

actually dotaTV would be better for streamers i think, would solve monopoly tobi/purge has so unknown caster would be able to cast any game, + some ppl prefer controling the camera themselfes. Also dota2 rly lacks replay files for tournament matches, its kinda stepback from dota1 if you think about it, ur only chance to watch competetive games is thru VODs which sux/quality/camera etc.
In dota1 u could watch replays at least + waaaghtv streams etc