ACE ends Chinese DOTA2 of 2012

37 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 coldprince

coldprince

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

the ACE DotA Professional League starts today in China, which will last about four months, is the most professional league I`ve ever seen before. (excellent stream/excellent commentator/excellent process design/excellent live quality etc) all the power houses are involved and everything seems so damn perfect!

if it happened in last year, it would be most welcome event ever. however, this event will definetely slow down the improvemt of DOTA2 of these best DOTA1 Chinese teams. not offense, although Ehome is doing well in DOTA2, personally i think teams like DK,LGD,TONGFU,and IG are relatively more potential in the future. (I do appreciate X! and 357 a lot, but the four teams mentioned above all are totally made by famous or damn good players). obviously, the reason why Ehome gives up DOTA1 is that they cannot compete in this field, which indicates there are still more good players in DOTA1 scene in China.

With much less training of DOTA2 than other teams around the world, I have no confidence in these best DOTA1 teams. maybe someone would argue that they will train both games, but i doubt the quality of this kind of mix training a lot. although I thought this year was a good time for Chinses teams to prove things in DOTA2 and fight for $1.5 millions, the distraction of ACE destoried my hope.

how can you have confidence in them after checking their poor playing hours of their DOTA2 accounts

PS: I certainly trust Ehome in DOTA2, but they are so damn alone. you may ask why cant those Chinese teams do a simple prize caculation and choose DOTA2. someone pointes out a issue that its very difficult to get an American VISA and its actually reasonable. besides, its probably not rational to give up DOTA1 just for fewer events outside China at present, although there is one with $1.5 millions (but also high risk and difficulty).

#2 Moneymay

Moneymay

BurNing AM

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

Companies would think long term. IG, DK Ehome and LGD would stick to dota 2.
45k Dollars a year vs a million dollars a year not to mention the incoming dota 2 tournaments once it is released.

#3 Alyyx20Jeanette

Alyyx20Jeanette

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I don't think Valve organized TI2 to be in US, without having in mind the Chinese teams and their issues of getting to US. So let's hope that they will find a solution so we get the best tournament possible.

#4 thezor

thezor

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

A very bad business decision, they'll realize it a bit too late.
No will to look into the future..

#5 Trollfaceuser

Trollfaceuser

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:02 PM

DK already said they are only playing dota 1 at some tournaments and focusing dota 2 practice and tournaments

#6 Moneymay

Moneymay

BurNing AM

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:18 PM

I think the immigration would loosen a bit for them given that a Chinese team (ehome) already attended last TI, I hope none of them would have problems with this. That's the reason why they invited Chinese teams so early.

#7 Supatroll

Supatroll

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

ace starts today and this guy already claims chinese dota2 is dead/over/low skill

how about you come back in 2 months and check their results in dota 2 before opening ur mouth

#8 BTS.GoDz

BTS.GoDz

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

he has a legit point; I feel it will take a long time before Chinese truly shift, even next year once again they may get invited to Ti-3 based on their Dota1 accomplishments.

#9 hlp

hlp

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:29 PM

In a few months or so, all of the dota 1 heroes will be added to dota 2 and the only difference between the two will be cosmetic. It won't matter which game the chinese are playing on, they can change back and forth in a few games and not skip a beat.

#10 2

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

http://gosugamers.ne.../gosubet/120681
DK just got loss their first match to Tongfu in Ace tournament..

I wanna see DK handle this things, DotA & Dota2. I wonder if DK get this ACE tournament and TI2, they're are truly a Legend! DK = Dota King!