20 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Crown1

Crown1

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:30 AM

Hi
I have been playing dota now for over 3 years and dota II for over 6 months and have been watching pro replays/live streams for about 3 years also.
I really want to improve my skill lvl somehow
I most of the time play pub games with my friends(not very high skill friends), we do ward and smoke gang and thinks like that but i really feel that from only this +watching top players play you kind of cap out on your skill gaining.
Any suggestions on what to do ?
And if anyone plays lots of decent to high lvl CM games (Europe or US East) and sometimes needs a stand in i would really love to play with you if you don't mind giving me a try. (just pm me your steam ids)
I do not want a team or semi-pro team, i would just like to have somehow accses to a bit more higher lvl games then the random pub games, to continue improving.
And if anyone has any other suggesions on how to keep improving please let me know.

Thanks

#2 Crush3d

Crush3d

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

Play on servers you lag with. Once u get used to laggy servers like SEA/China/USW, try playing europe. You will stomp everyone. That's what I did to improve.

Challenging all the circumstances is the way to go..

#3 AnakAyam

AnakAyam

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:04 AM

always, always, always play with a team of 5 players that you know, against another organised team of 5. it doesnt matter whether you're very skilled, but organised gameplay is the pinnacle of DotA and it is preferable to gain skills form there. Refrain from playing pubs alone with 9 other people who you are unlikely to work with because you are just wasting time, energy and your breath without learning anything.

#4 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:53 AM

Moved to strat.

#5 zerov-

zerov-

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:13 AM

dont forget to enter some available In-house League..
and Join some Tier 2~4 tourney....

#6 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

The way I see it the only way to get better is to get better with your friends. When you already have friends then you can really go out and face people in clan war and in houses. Leagues are fun and all but they are just another pub.

#7 Crown1

Crown1

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

what do you mean in houses?

Where can i find those matches?

And i was actualy thinking about adding a few of you guys that actualy play lots of CM games and so....
My steam id: crownadi, if you are above average and u play good lvl matches, add me. Thanks

#8 StefY

StefY

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

Simply play with better players and you will improve your skills. I think it's better to play Inhouse games with decent people of course, then party of 5 man.

And You can not compare public games(with -AP, -SD,- RD etc.) and real Dota games(with -CM, -CD modes). If you are good in public, that doesnt mean you are good in IH games, and vice versa.

#9 3aserpearl-

3aserpearl-

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

+1 to nebaz

#10 Crown1

Crown1

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

I did not ask how to become a superb player, i just asked for better games then pub games,

Can someone gives me some examples of some "in houses"? How can i find this games? do i need a team ?