• Please log in to reply

#1 FT.aCt)Sony

FT.aCt)Sony

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

https://www.extra-li...s$/100/1044.jpg

About the Childrens Miracle Network:

Extra Life began in 2008 as a way of honoring a young lady named Victoria Enmon. Toriís battle against acute lymphoblastic leukemia inspired the Sarcastic Gamer Community in a way that is difficult to describe. Members sent in video games and bought gifts to keep Toriís spirits up despite numerous hospital stays and three bouts with the deadly disease.

Tragically, we lost Tori to cancer in January 2008. Later that year, I asked my partners at Sarcastic Gamer if they would be interested in Extra Life, a 24-hour video game marathon to raise money for the hospital that treated and fought beside Tori. In 2008 and 2009 Extra Life raised a combined $302,000, 100 percent of which went directly to help kids like Tori at my local Childrenís Miracle Network Hospital (Texas Childrenís Hospital).

Childrenís Miracle Network Hospitals has grown dramatically since its founding in 1983 from a televised fundraiser in a small studio to one of the North America's leading childrenís charities.

Childrenís Miracle Network Hospitals was founded with two simple goals

§ Help as many children as possible by raising funds for childrenís hospitals. § Keep funds in the community in which they were raised to help local children.

The organization was founded by Marie Osmond and her family, John Schneider, Mick Shannon and Joe Lake.

Childrenís Miracle Network Hospitals most recognizable symbol and greatest fundraising tool is its red and yellow Miracle Balloon icon.

As of 2011, Childrenís Miracle Network Hospitals has raised more than $4.3 billionómost of which is donated a dollar or two at a time.

Why me?

Two years ago, my youngest daughter, Annalise was born in Cape Canveral, Florida only to be born with numerous issues. At the time of her birth, she was unable to breathe on her own without having a medical ventilator. During feedings, myself, wife and the medical staff noticed that the milk was seaping out from her nostrils and at that moment we were all made aware that there was a medical complication.

She was air-lifted to Florida South in Orlando where she stayed for the first two months of her life. Swallow studies were conducted and it was found that she was unable to swallow any liquids where she then underwent a Gastrostomy Tube Placement to ensure that she would be able to have the nutrtional value she would require. She received numerous MRI's and CT's to discover the reason as to why she was having issues such as Choanal atresia, Profound hearing loss, Colobama of the eye and developmental issues. It wasn't until a year later that we received the Genetic results to verify that she had a CHD7 gene mutation which is more commonly known as Charge Syndrome.

She sees Seventeen medical physicans on a regular basis and three therapists (physical, speech and developmental). She will be receiving Cochlear implants to be able to potentially have some sort of hearing throughout her life, a particularly made wheel chair & walker in order to be mobile since she is unable to still walk at the age of 2.

She is on a feeding tube system 18 hours of the day to ensure she receives the proper value of nutrition, and still has yet to pass any swallow study test done. She has slowly started to pick up a few portions of sign language to communicate with my wife and I and her older sister. Her only method of motion is to crawl which she started doing at 19 months old. When she is out in public, she is in a specially designed wheel chair which we must push for her. Since she was born, she has had to be hospitalized 8 times for failure to thrive by losing body weight as much as 5-10 pounds from her standard 24 pounds that she weights and respiratory failure.

Recently moved from Cape Canaveral, Florida to Seattle, Washington in hopes to receive better medical care for our daughter in order for her to have a better lifestyle and have better opportunities to excel and grow throughout her life.

Most say having and raising children is the hardest thing they could ever do in life. I say different. Having and raising a child with special needs is. Infants/Toddlers who were born with Charge Syndrome have a higher fatality rate until the age of 3. Every day waking up I wonder if she is going to make it through to the next day and grateful for every new day that comes that she is alive.

When?

Because I am shift work through the active duty military I am using my off duty time to the best of my ability with this.

10am PST/1am EST Sunday May 27th, 2012 - 12+ Hour streaming session 10am PST/1am EST Monday May 28th, 2012 - 12+ Hour streaming session

Charity Goal:

I placed the Charity's Fundraising Goal to $250 USD. I fully expect the Teamliquid & Starcraft 2 Community to fully surpass this goal if not double it before Monday's end.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids directly.

I can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy! To make an online donation please go to http://www.extra-lif...icipant/MYiSony and click the "Support This Participant" button on this page.

Make a Donation: To make an online donation please go to http://www.extra-lif...icipant/MYiSony and click "Support This Participant" button on this page.

Schedule & Guests:

27 May 2012 10am PST/1pm EST - Begin Streaming 27 May 2012 10pm PST/1am EST - End Streaming

28 May 2012 10am pst/1pm EST - Resume Streaming 28 May 2012 10pm PST/1am EST - End Charity Streaming Event

Guests: Will be updated when I have confirmed participants to help out!

I will be mainly taking part in Starcraft 2, however viewers from different games will want to have a direct affect and want to contribute. I will also take part in other games such as League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Battlefield 3, Star Wars The Old Republic, Dragonball Online, World of Warcraft (if necessary >_<; )

I am asking the community to help promote guests to stop by and help with the event. If you are a Community Caster, Team Manager, High Tier player that is willing to spend as little as 10 minutes of time to as much as you'd like to help with this event by all means please get in touch with me.

I am speaking with contacts that I have directly asking them for their help with activities such as:

Coaches Corner - Lower level players can receive FREE Coaching from top level players Q&A - Community viewers can ask Top Level Players questions and receive answers Community Based Games - Play a game with a top level pro!

On the 20th of October this year, I will do a 24 hour Stream session to continue this exacty charity and help promote and raise additional awareness in hopes to generate more donations to help today's you and tomorrows future.

Prizes & Giveaways:

I am working with two of my sponsors in order to bring some prizes to giveaway for the viewers.

I am coordinating with Gamecom Planotronics to get a few Gamecom headsets to giveaway to the viewers.

I am coordinating with BAWLS Guarana Energy Drinks to have some goodies to give away to the viewers.

For the giveaways I have some fun minigames in mind to include:

How Many of X Unit do I Have at X Minutes? & Where did I hide this building?

How many minigame - At the start of the game I will state that this is going to be a minigame game. I will state what unit and what time so viewers will need to message how many they think. After the game, I will go to the replay and go straight to the exact time. The viewer who guesses it right correctly first (if not right pending how many viewers and how many competitors are there for it, I will do the closest to it), will win the giveaway at that time.

Where did I hide this building minigame - I am going to block out the minimap on the stream. I am going to proxy numerous buildings around the map and ask the community where I hid a specific building. The only thing that they will be able to go on is what they saw and how they saw it. This will grind those noggins of yours to see how well you know your maps. Viewer who guesses it correctly first wins!

Sponsors/Affiliates: Hosted by: Aaron "Sony" Thibodeau

My Intent - http://www.my-intent.net

Gamecom Planotronics - http://gamecom.plantronics.com/

Bawls Guarana - http://www.bawls.com/

#2 FT.aCt)Sony

FT.aCt)Sony

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

2012-05-13 16:06, Geralt_z_Rivie wrote:
Why should i waste my money for some people that i never saw? Pointless and stupid.

Glad you didn't play Brood War by the sound of that statement, or else you would have. Why should do elitist dicks waste their time making posts defaming a good cause let alone a event that the community can take part in?

#3 homesmasher

homesmasher

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Well to build on Geralt's statement: are you guys basing yourself on donations? i would rather try to get progamers to do charity games and making money on ads.
I would not think theres that much potential donation money here :`\

#4 FT.aCt)Sony

FT.aCt)Sony

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

2012-05-14 13:53, homesmasher wrote:
Well to build on Geralt's statement: are you guys basing yourself on donations? i would rather try to get progamers to do charity games and making money on ads.
I would not think theres that much potential donation money here :`

Considering one, I have a partnered stream and am donating the ad revenue that is generated so there is a yes on that one.

Second, Donations alone has already met 57% of the goal and will surpass the expected goal.

Third, I have been in the sc scene since 1998, and I have a very fond relationship with majority of the players that you know of today when I knew them as C/C+ bw gamers on PGT/ICCup. So coordinating with them to do "Coaches Corner", "Q&A with Top Level Players", kinda denotes what is going to be on the event.

Just a suggestion to read more into it in the future ^^;