Counterculture in the 60's in the US

3 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 bone7

bone7

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hey guys, I've got to do a presentation about the counterculture in the 60s in the US focused mainly on music, art, symbols, language, discourse for college. I know most of what happened, but I need sources, articles, magazines, critiques, actual stuff I could present to the class. What happened back then helped us evolve even the international law system, also technology, biology and literature, however I can't elaborate and anyways I need rather short sources like magazines or mini documentaries So if people can help me out to point me out in the good direction pls do so.

I'll have to do a 10 minute presentation focused on language, art, symbols and discourse, with a few follow-up questions from class. So every help I can get is highly respect. I know the GGnet is not the fit forum for it, but I will start thread in a lot of forums to get as much cool info I can get :)

#2 welcome_addiction

welcome_addiction

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

By counterculture in the US, would you mean sth like the Beat movement?
Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, Charles Bukowski and William Burroughs were the "thing" regarding literature and music, since many songs came up from their writings, poems, or even art works.
One documentary, available in Youtube, that sums the movement up can be found here:

Hope I was of help, cheers;)

#3 CtChocula

CtChocula

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

Your teacher probably means hippies and their opposition to the US fighting a war in Vietnam. Wikipedia is your friend:

http://en.wikipedia....re_of_the_1960s

edit: Even if you can't use Wikipedia as a source, they have tons of sources at the bottom which might be useful.

#4 bone7

bone7

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:48 PM

10x Klark, CtChocula I was checking that wiki page and gonna probably use some of the sources. I'm just waiting to start a few more threads and get even more responses

also as I was saying, putting emphasis on art and language, even how the anti-war movement was developed.