Mob Mentality

53 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 masterwizard

masterwizard

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:30 AM

Hi, you guys seem to be cool people so I'm going to share this story with you.

One day GrandGrant decided to show how manly he was on the internet by harassing me on a forum. Then he did the same thing to Purge on his livestream in front of 3,000 people, so I told people about it and he got mad. This is the thread: http://dev.dota2.com...ead.php?t=29612

Now this guys followers have a vendetta out for me. They are extremely toxic to the community and they spew out insults like they have something to make up for.

Some of his friends have told me to kill myself and they said "people kill when they are mad". One guy on this other forum said he was going to burn down my house.

So, I think Valve should take action against these players to prevent their toxins from spreading. They do not belong in this game when they can't act like decent human beings.

Please help me out by posting in this thread: http://dev.dota2.com...7342#post207342

#2 4330-

4330-

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:42 AM

#3 CtChocula

CtChocula

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:44 AM

Change your in-game name. If you change your name more times than the View Aliases list can hold, your original nickname disappears. Problem solved.

#4 iii.

iii.

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:47 AM

so gay actually OP u dont really to tell us zzzzzz
just do the same to them period

#5 nostalgia-

nostalgia-

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

is this for real? existence of toxic community name helps keeps noobs away from my precious game

#6 brasi

brasi

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

#4 that is not what they do.
I cant recall how often GrandGrant had an online vendetta going on old D-A forums. Don't even think this kind of online hunt is remotely funny. Especially if its just for the lulz of a certain group of people.
But fact is, this guy and his minions have been helping DotA alot in the past, by testing and contributing to NA-DotA.

I suggest you get over it. There is no point in this thread. Purge can defend himself alone and even though it was not the most gentle act of philanthropy.
Personally i dont know any of them close enough to chose if they are only weird but funny or polluting for the comm. Simply dont care ! ;)

#7 nyaniwa

nyaniwa

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:17 AM

Why don't you just ignore them...

#8 Rufio-

Rufio-

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:25 AM

Talk is cheap. Everyone can become bad-ass over the internet.

Ignore

#9 masterwizard

masterwizard

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for replying

#10 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

I don't know the extent Valve reads the dev forums but I would recommend emailing Icefrog. Or GabeN.

I would also recommend not playing with those people.