21 replies to this topic
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

#1 HosuGamers

HosuGamers

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:46 AM

http://www.teamliqui...topic_id=334773

hes been banned from team liquid for saying gook to an asian, people harassed his sponsors this result that he had to leave quantic and hes been banned from team liquid streaming.

Obviously this is racism as hes of european heritage, i see dozens of koreans saying racist things while streaming in korean no one banns them. But destiny saying something like gook gets banned for it unbelievable, its pure racism.

#2 gerike

gerike

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

I dont think that was the only reason,and i really not found of that jerk ...
W/E u should knew as a white lad that u cant say anything rassist
while if u black/jewish/arabic/gypsy/asian u can do it for free.

#3 RamiZ

RamiZ

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Orb has been kicked out from EG for doing the same thing about 2 months ago, Destiny knew that could've happened. I like to watch his stream and what he does on it, was laughing my ass off bunch of times, but tbh he was way out of the line sometimes.
The only bad thing I see is that community is reporting him(and will report bunch of other players in the future), which just means community is becoming worse.

#4 NexCa

NexCa

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:38 AM

Correct choice for me, this has nothing to do with E-Sports in general and should be handled outside of the SC2 / E-Sports Community

#5 HeteroHero

HeteroHero

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

Yes, tolerance against white caucasians' racism is lower, however Destiny was a raging kid with a bad attitude and low skills, so it's a decent choice.

#6 anatase

anatase

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

Let's face it, if Esport wants to grow and to be publicly accepted, it has to prevent all these kinds of stuff and/or to sanction them.

I srsly don't want to see SC2/BW or W/E looks like football is right now, i.e. plagued by racism, extremism and hooliganism.

So damn right call to me.

#7 Pulimuli

Pulimuli

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

pretty deserved kick tbh, even IdrA makes this dude look like a roidrager

#1 its because he's a professional player, and these things shouldnt be allowed in professional "sports". Nonamers can get away with these things because they do not have huge sponsors and bad behavior reflects upon his team and the sponsors

#8 TaurenTimmy

TaurenTimmy

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:22 AM

Very nice to see the SC 2 community having zero tolerance towards racism, very well deserved ban to destiny.

#9 homesmasher

homesmasher

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

Let me get this clear first of all: i condemn racism, i look at all races as equals in the form of that we're all worth the same, and every race can aspire to just the same.
That being said it is true that some races tend to be worse/better at stuff, if not a racial issue, it's at least cultural (take for instance black runners, they just tend to be rediculusly fast.)
But the question at hand is NOT if racism is bad or not, its if racial categorization should be treated the same as racism.

You see i am not inclined to believe destiny is a racist in any forms of the word, but i do see that destiny is very racial aware, why do people condemn this?
Calling someone "Nigger" or "gook"(i am not so familiar with the word gook as i am with the word nigger tho) is not allways about the condemning of the race, sometimes its simply about achknowleding their race/color/heritage.

Colorblindness leads to ignorance, as proven yet and yet again, any closed dialogue on a racial issue will more often then not lead to the 1 with lacking information becoming a so-called "racist".
Racist meaning he/she actually will believe that that or another persons given race will simply be superior/inferior.
Please take note that superior/inferior in this sense, doesn't simply apply to the nazi train-of-thoughts, another example would for instance be (a pretty normal pretence actually) "arabs simply cant discuss religion, they tend to be rather fanatical, and will result to non-sense arguments, and even violence".

I say no to colorblindness, I say society is creating a more and more sensitive people, by this constant extreme-protection of any1 different, be it gay, asian, fat, half-penised, or anything really.
A person should be aware of his flaws, as well as his strengths, a person should be aware of his race, he should be able to accept "yes i am actually asian" without anything crazy evolving from such a thing.
This destiny incident (aswell as the orb thing) is just a testimony to how this constant protective system have allready effected people, there shouldn't be a lot of emails flying around due to such a... insignificant incident.

I fear for the day in esports that people are afraid of the way they greet each others, seeing as they both will need to be 100% cultural-correct (in that they greet any person according to his cultural customs) , aswell as 100% politically correct (in that they will have to NOT greet ANY1 different, notice whatever they do they will be in the wrong).

My last words will be this: the term racism has spun completely out of controll the last 10-15 years (its not the only thing, feminism aswell).
Its no longer about demanding the same rights, its not about demanding the same treatment as every1 else.
Now its actually about SPECIAL treatment, which is completely ludacriss, wasn't the issue that started this whole thing that they were getting special issue (in a bad way ofcourse)
Any1 who aids this issue, is either immoral and biased (due to having something to gain from it) or worse: simply complying to the whole thing and being "politicly correct" due to pure cowardness.
Please think about it, the whole "racism" term is actually something being used nowadays to HELP racism.

#10 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:21 AM

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Hate_speech