Morphling and orb-effect items

25 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 LestoatV

LestoatV

Random Meepo

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Since I started playing dota, iI have been watching everyone buying Helm of the Dominator for Morphling. But yesterday, I saw a friend of mine purchasing Diffusal Blade and he actually went really good. He was using the Active charges to slow an enemy and then he killed him.

Also, I have seen players using Stygian Desolator on Morphling.

But which is the most useful on this hero?

#2 DKNS-

DKNS-

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Diffusal blade had been used in a pro match recently, forgot who used it. But it was one hell of a comeback coz of the morph. Diffusal is good. But stygian ?? I don't think that would be of much use since you have no slow or stun or anything. Late game Helm would be obviously be btr coz of the huge attack speed + base damage (coz of morph) => gg lifesteal

#3 xRdR

xRdR

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

#1 Atod showmatch 2. Next.kz Mantis made it. But I think he made it to counter warlock. Although manta style + diffus still hurts.

#4 dyfs

dyfs

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Morphing is hard core hero and I think only very good players and pro players can play with morphing. Every game is different and you must to be very good player and to can see what happen everywhere in mp, but most important think is to use your HEAD !!! You can use these items for morphing:

1) Manta style
2) Black king bar -> if enemy has stun heroes or many stun heroes you must to create this item. YEP
3) Linken's -> i like this item but if you create BKB you do not need Linken's ! Linken's can to be your first items but only your enemy has 1 stun hero no more...if enemy has 2 or more stun heroes I think Linke's is out !
4) Butterfly is very important item for morph !
5) Enthereal this is GG item you can fight with every hero but i like to have battle with intelligence heroes :D GG
6) If you are 100 % and game is 50-60 min + you must to create Rapira YEP this item is GG 100% just be carefully with this item if you dead your enemy can take your Rapira :D
7) Skadi + Linken's + Manta = 100 % GG game :)
I think this is all pro items for morphing but i will tell you again... every game is different and you must to create different items for every game with this hero...
Just one
Good Luck :) !

#5 Hiero

Hiero

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

It is useful to know that Skadi stacks w/ other orb effects on ranged heroes (100% sure about DotA, don't know about Dota 2).

So in uber-late game you just get a dominator --> satanic and add a skadi to that :D

#6 Oravius

Oravius

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

skadi + satanic

nothing is better

#7 DKNS-

DKNS-

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Its same for dota 2 too iirc. Ranged skadi stacks with orb effects....

#8 GGnet.Ace

GGnet.Ace

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Considering you having free farm orb choice on morph is either Satanic+skadi/diffusal (lvl2).But since right click morph doesnt really fit in meta game I really dont think u should get an orb effect on morph.All u need to do is to make the shotgun morph built: 2 wraiths get a bot/treads depending on how well u farm and get an etherial blade by at least 20-28 minute mark.There will always be a support which will be paper enough to finish off in 3 nukes.They do shitloads of damage like 1100-1200 depending on ur agility.If you feel u will die too soon leave a replicate behind and jump back and farm.After Etherial manta is the best choice to debuff etherial form on your hero and start fighting

#9 Angel

Angel

Crew Lead

• GosuCrew Leads

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Well, recently in all 'pro' games Morph was played almost on a very similiar way.

Items order was most likely in a following order: Ring of Aquila, PTs, Linken, Etheral/Manta/BKB. Last three were built in a different orders, depends on a farm and the game's flow.

But, as people have written already in this thread, it's the best to be creative on your own way for any hero's items build.

#10 KIH

KIH

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:06 AM

I remember babyknight doing diffu-morph, it's a valid option.