Reporting system in DOTA2

8 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 DannyDoedel

DannyDoedel

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

Hi guys, just a quick question: does it help to report people in dota2 at all? I mean, is valve even banning/punishing people who get reported a lot (or maybe just once) or are they too busy updating? Has anyone made any experience with this matter (like getting banned themselves or witnessing other players getting banned)? I feel like nothing is happening at all since there are still people playing the beta who really really ruined several games on purpose.
Thanks in advance! :)

tl;dr: does valve ban people for bad behavior?

#2 BeyondWonderland

BeyondWonderland

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

I've made a decent amount of reports in 6 months of playing,and i only once recieved a message saying a player i reported got banned.There are a few bans,i think mostly cause of continuous flaming.

#3 SeniorKittyKat

SeniorKittyKat

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

if the reports are accurate, then they get low priority for 24 hours. that is all

#4 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Valve is big enough that they don't need to sacrifice dev time to ban people.

#5 Zapple

Zapple

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:46 PM

I remember a post on the dev dota2 forums where people were complaining of having no dota2 in their game library even though they had played the game a few days before. They were reported for flames and such and then banned in the end. Shortly put: it is a fact that some have gotten their dota2 removed for being reported.

low priority for 24 hours happens if you abandon a game. That happens automatically.
(at least at some point in the recent history it was like this, not entirely up to date on this info).

And people will ruin games until they are reported for it for enough times. Valve does not want to put premature bans on people, that have had a few weak moments and a few bad games.
Just keep up the good reporting and try to sit through that shit. The thing is, this is to be expected if you are put onto a team of 4 random strangers (so get as big of a party you can get to reduce the chances of being teamed with game ruiners).

#6 grubla

grubla

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:48 PM

Lots of reports (dunno how many) is like abandoning a game, you have lower priority when MMing

dunno if you can get banned

#7 Dinozavre

Dinozavre

BurNing AM

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

A few people I reported have been banned, but I think it's only in extreme cases.

#8 the_oatmeal

the_oatmeal

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Valve has banned people in the past when beta was exclusive. Now with hundreds of invites going around it cant keep banning people since that is expected with the increased number of players.

A lot of people are playing Dota2 for the first time in their lives and its not an easy game to learn like CS etc hence some (not all) newbies may retort to feeding and flaming on being called a noob repeatedly. That does not mean they will have their game revoked on being reported.

#9 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

I love it when people on the other team buy full ammo and run around not knowing what to do.