Ati/Nvidia GPU suggestion

15 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 ggnet.s

ggnet.s

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Which brand with mid-range GPU should i get?

#2 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

Do you like tessellation? Just go with the one that sponsors your favorite event.

#3 ggnet.s

ggnet.s

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

What you meant by sponsors of my favourite event?

#4 7_ShininGAngel

7_ShininGAngel

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

2012-04-11 17:43, ws9 wrote:
What you meant by sponsors of my favourite event?

Lol, he's just trolling/joking.
Need to know you're budget, and cpu...

#5 dopeshow.

dopeshow.

Project Lead

• GosuCrew Admins

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

nope, buying stuff from a company that supports your favorite event is the best you can do. even better: write them a mail telling them that you bought their brand because they support what you enjoy.

brands are ultimately into esports because they want to promote their products and supporting them through buying their stuff is probably the best you can do to show some love for their support.

mid-range i suggest a sapphire 6850 (http://bit.ly/HHzOC4 - which is about 150 Euro in Germany). The power should be sufficient for like all games unless you aim for maxed details on high resolutions. but in that case you won't ask for a midrange :)

#6 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:52 PM

Yes buy from the company that supports what you like. It's not even about AMD vs Nvidia. They have their strengths depending on what games you play. You can buy either from Gigabyte, who sponsors our tournaments and many others. There's many good sponsors who make great cards that are just about the same.

#7 7_ShininGAngel

7_ShininGAngel

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

2012-04-11 18:42, dopeshow. wrote:
nope, buying stuff from a company that supports your favorite event is the best you can do. even better: write them a mail telling them that you bought their brand because they support what you enjoy.

brands are ultimately into esports because they want to promote their products and supporting them through buying their stuff is probably the best you can do to show some love for their support.

mid-range i suggest a sapphire 6850 (http://bit.ly/HHzOC4 - which is about 150 Euro in Germany). The power should be sufficient for like all games unless you aim for maxed details on high resolutions. but in that case you won't ask for a midrange :)

I tend to buy from companies with better warranties, or better coolings on their cards, but everyone his own.

#8 AdmiralKuznetsov

AdmiralKuznetsov

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

dont buy anything right now. nvidia is about to release their midrange cards soonish. Then you can decide if ati 7850 or upcoming nvidia, which is best choice atm.

7xxx ati series > 6 series in noise, energy consumption, graphic quality, speed etc. If you wanna buy now 7850 is the way 2 go.

#9 xeqn

xeqn

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

theres close to no difference in mid range new gen gtx 6xx or radeon 7xxx series cards

just take the one which better fits your budget/ looks better/ etc

#10 xeqn

xeqn

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

theres close to no difference in mid range new gen gtx 6xx or radeon 7xxx series cards

just take the one which better fits your budget/ looks better/ etc