About EG vs NaVi

10 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Y-fi

Y-fi

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

I will start by saying that I am both EG and Navi fanboy, so this will be pretty much unbiased.

Ok so wtf is wrong with people? When EG had their win streak up, no one said anything, but when EG loses one game, or even one teamfight, theres so much hate going on. MYM was THE favourite team in dota 1(the not-so-fail mym), and now EG is so much hated.

This was such a good game that showed the calibre of both the teams. EG took a double rax against navi so early. And that is a big feat in itself. So they obviously outplayed them the early game.

But we all know what navi is capable of, and they displayed it this game. NaVi has been a stable team for so long that their coordination and teamfight is ridiculously strong, and that was evident in this game.

The only thing that bugged me this game was Lacoste's enigma. It was plain bad. I have seen his enigma sometimes before too, and its not impressive to say the least.

Oh I nearly forgot. Some of the 12yr old live-watching fanboys were shouting that bulba was carrying EG. Lol, I wonder if these people even understand what they themselves are implying. EG was on a winstreak earlier without use of stand-ins. And Misery's tinker is decent too. So I dont really think bulba made alot of difference.

I would say this game brought back the memories of the epic mym vs navi clashes and how all of them were RR's. Theres no reason to believe that the losing team played bad. But theres all the reason to believe that the winning team played good.

And keep the hate out of this thread, I dont want it to turn into a fanboy vs fanboy threads that turn out to be highly illogical.

#2 yoshi-

yoshi-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

People are hating eg cause just dont show up for games, never give any reason and then postpone every single game.

When they did that during tpl, everyone was like "yea that is once okay", but now not anymore

#3 TaYeM

TaYeM

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:29 PM

gr8 game indeed ,but eg should've kept this strat hidden till the finals
and yeah enigma wasn't good at all , gg wp both

#4 iishy

iishy

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Finally someone that doesn't bash either team for losing.

EG is having some roster issues and maybe even going to reform in the near future. For them to do this well against Na'Vi with only 4 players that pretty never practice is already showing their potential as a team and reminds us of the MYM days.

Just give it team and I'm sure it will be a battle of

Fear vs Maelk vs Puppey vs Artstyle vs PGG

The five captains that have proved themselves so many times in the past.

#5 Nickname

Nickname

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

"Jacob Toft-Andersen
-_-
Whatever, don't know what it takes to win
in fucking dota anymore"

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDd

#6 brasi

brasi

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

EG had a good strategy and the perfect start with that double march kill.
Game was pretty good and undecided until the last 2min.
However, i dont see much similarities between this game and the epic DotA clash between MYM and NaVi, last summer. Right now it feels like, even though EG pulled a deadly pick and strategy NaVi would win 90 out of 100 games against this EG, at least.

#7 Y-fi

Y-fi

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

I would agree with Yoshi.

If people remember the mith vs EG scene, eg had a HUGE fanbase the moment the team was formed.

But then not appearing for matches, not informing their fans about whether they're going t play or not etc.

I myself have lost all my tangoes twice or thrice just because EG had some troll strategy going on vs. much lesser know opponents.

#6 Well as I mention in the first post, taking navi's raxes like that is not easy. We can only remember this situation other way round especially that one game when navi was on the opponents third bot tower at 6 minutes lol.
I guess this is not mym vs navi rival match as eg is not on navis level anymore.

#8 wano2h

wano2h

Random Meepo

• Members

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Maelk said what theyre have hhuge problems in their team. Blackholes was really bad( Love lacoste but whats wrong with this guy?

#9 Y-fi

Y-fi

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:42 AM

^You need to have blackholes to have bad ones.

#10 Lash

Lash

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:21 AM

One lesson I learned for the past years in GOSUBET is that never beat on a team that's is not capable of winning championships in LAN.:D