7 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 JWakari

JWakari

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

There are 2 issues I would like to raise here:

1)Apparently MYM org. has a lot of faith in Hyhy, putting the organization's name into the hands of non-EU player, something I believe is not in their traditions. This is a big gamble for my opinion as we can see MYM is relying on Hyhy to carry the flag alone (basically make a team out of nothing) instead of sponsoring a stable, well-established team. It has always been Hyhy + 4, and this is bringing down the prestige and reputation of MYM. Ex-MUFC players are just not professional enough (I know Malaysian players well) and some random Singaporean players are just not up to the standards. We can see IceX3 performs badly, xy days are clearly gone. So the question is, has MYM make the right choice in venturing into SEA?

2) Side effects of Hyhy + 4 is that he would recruit the best available players he can, which would be around the Malaysia+Singapore region, and break down the smaller teams. Example Ndrakan, if I'm not wrong, is the captain of another Singapore team (I'm lazy to search), and now he's playing VS in MYM. Hyhy simply has to make an offer people cannot resist due to backing from MYM (better deals, fix salary, more % in price money etc.) and this affect those smaller teams greatly (losing their captain) and further, destroying competitions in this region.

Discuss.

#2 MrBlue

MrBlue

Honorary Crew

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

Only iceiceice, hyhy and xy are in MYM. The other two players are just subs. Drakan doesnt really have a team, he has friends that he plays with but no 4 players that he can join tournaments with. He goes where he pleases. And from what I know, there is no stable 5 man team in Singapore.

MUFC had other issues regarding their departure from MYM.

#3 WaeSoANGELIC

WaeSoANGELIC

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Now they just need chawy and... who was the other guy? And they have the Scythe roster that played at TI. ^_^

#4 weako

weako

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

I remember i saw somewhere most of the players are in national service even iceiceice, correct me if i'm wrong. That why they dun have a stable lineup.

#5 JWakari

JWakari

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

Well I hope to see old Scythe lineup too they pawn @$$ at those times...

But still I think MYM org taking too big risk

#6 MrAiko-

MrAiko-

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

Get tofu and papaxiong back, and they become ex-aeon :D

#7 pikachulinda

pikachulinda

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

Not sure why Hyhy still stays with MYM :(

you have to know that with mym's current financial situation they cant compete with other org to sign a top team. Ever since MYM's revival 2 years ago they have lost their 1.6 team, sc2 team and ex-mufc left them due to fake promises etc. Their closedown is just matter of time I guess. I hope they dont ruin the name this legendary org anymore.

#8 klar1

klar1

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Add pusherstreet! :D
I believe MYM will sooner or later pick up a bunch of chinese players. (PIS?)
That's sad 'cause I really hyhy...