KONY 2012

45 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 WaeSoANGELIC

WaeSoANGELIC

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

I'm just helping to spread it. Watch the video, and if you want to, help to spread it. Share this movie on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or whatever social networking site you use.

TOGETHER we can stop this madness. Help save the children who are being forced to kill. Stop Kony.

Link to movie:

#2 besi.sll

besi.sll

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:52 PM

"99% of the worlds population doesn't know who he is"

yea, I just found out -_-

And how can he live with this? He forces kids to kill their parents, wtf ? Sick retarded shit.

Don't know why people doesn't know him - he is like 40x the bastards nowadays.

He should fucking die long time ago imo zz

#3 GN-0000-0094-00

GN-0000-0094-00

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

http://www.reddit.co...spicious_about/

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

propaganda is fun eh

#4 s4dn3ss

s4dn3ss

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

http://ilto.wordpres...sible-children/

#5 welcome_addiction

welcome_addiction

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Nice to see a political-sociological issue raised in here.
Without going into further analysis, political background, foreign aid, power games etc., I just want to say two things.

I like the approach this guy is taking(invisible children founder w.e), meaning that he started as being one person standing up against an established dictatorship trying to do what he thought was the best course of action.
Why I liked it?
Because this is the only thing, I really agreed on, and totally believe into it.
We have the power. Each and every one of us, we bring people up or down, we judge them, we can change everything, it's inside of us, we are human beings.
I won't further analyse, as I already stated, maybe on another topic, the think I keep from him is his attitude towards life's problems, one person can be the one to start stoping the war.

The other thing I wanted to mention, is that the problem is known for so many years now, quite a decade, actions have been taken, actions some times guided by other governments masked under the web of power we call foreign aid.
In any case, I dislike that most of the content he is using dates some years back, many of you can easily find that Kony's power these days is vanishing, by a simple google search on selected articles, there's plenty of them.

I can't say it's propaganda exactly, it's just a two sided issue, he is trying to offer, but at what receiving ends.

That's all. I really would like more issues to be discussed in our forums, issues that affect each and every one of us, we are "gamers" or whatever but above all is that we are people living in a society, young people that is. Despite the media critisicm of our age, as the Internet age, the fat kids, the "I don't care" youth, we have the power in our hands, if anything that's what we should always have in mind.

Cheers:)

#6 yoshi-

yoshi-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

I can't say it's propaganda exactly

sure
showing "cute" children, playing dramatic music, while you are talking about their problems
is totally no propaganda

#7 Seraph-

Seraph-

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

this is a problem before with the media that became worse because of social media. This kind of information being presented to people is very convincing since alot of people seeing it in facebook and twitter wouldnt bother researching about it much and will just jump into the bandwagon because of it's popularity. Editing sure means a lot. Propaganda at it's finest.

#8 welcome_addiction

welcome_addiction

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

By stating "it's not propaganda exactly" I meant that there is a good consequence coming out of this issue. If I believed that it's not propaganda I wouldn't add the "exactly":P. I think we agree on the principle but disagree on the details:) In any case, nice exchange of thoughts.

#9 GN-0000-0094-00

GN-0000-0094-00

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

lol, the 2 links i've posted has got it's content removed. Shame, but please research about this yourself before making unequivocal statements such as OP's. In the past 24hours alone my facebook and twitter feeds have been nothing but attention whores trying to show that they are a humanitarian...

#10 ChuChuChu

ChuChuChu

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Such an inspirational video ;) Hope they stop that guy. [>_<]