MVP of Na'Vi vs Quantic

41 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Hiero

Hiero

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

I wanted to see opinions on who the MVP was in the Bo5 finals of The Defence.

IMO, the MVP from Na'Vi side could be either LoH, Dendi or Hvost.
LoH played very good utility overall but did sometimes die in his hard-lane (though it can be argued that Quantic ganks were flawless).Dendi just did a very good job in all the games:he had good positioning and map control since he had taken a lot of the runes.Hvost just played with little mistakes despite going Rambo a couple of times. His use of Manta-style as an dodging mechanism was pretty impressive.

From the Quantic side, I felt that Mania and Ryze played very well all the way through. Mania's positioning was suberb though he ended up getting caught in the last fight before the GG call of Game 4. Ryze played a solid support, did not overextend to much.

So what are your thoughts??

#2 guddi

guddi

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

For me, the MVP from NaVi was Dendi and on QG side, it was Miggel.

Generally I think that all players from NaVi played rather decent but unfortunately it was not a good day for Link and Angel. (In my honest opinion)

#3 Black.Afghan

Black.Afghan

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

1 +1 wp both teams .

#4 cli(n)t

cli(n)t

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:04 AM

like this is even a question....every game dendi is the mvp...

#5 prof.dr.martin

prof.dr.martin

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:08 AM

Dendi on NaVi side.
On Quantic side it was Ryze with his briliant swaps

#6 Tesco

Tesco

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

Imho Dendi only played really well in his WR game.

MVP for me in the series overall would be miGGel. constant good performance!

#7 Volzotan

Volzotan

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:13 AM

I gotta say Dendi... ofc the solo mid player always kinda automatically draws attention, but I think he deserves it. His WR in game 5 was really strong. His Exort Invoker worked out amazingly as well, even if he got suicidal (but that was when they had already won). And game 1 he played a pretty amazing Lesh as well. In the tiny game he had lags, so... and even there he played nice.

Overall, I just LOVED Na'Vi's strat in that game - wooding Storm, and completely destroying Potm's early game. Afterwards, it looked like a total stomp. But watching closely (as synd e.g. did), one could see that it was really, really close. The game breaking error was the misscommunication where Puppey ultied in and died instantly, while Dendi wasn't close enough (or lagging?) to blink in and do his thing. Otherwise, they would have probably killed 3 enemies, happily defended mid, and won that game with a fast-farming XBOCT (remember - he had Midas + RoH in min 7, while potm was lvl 2, having nothing).

And y, on the other side Mania I guess...

#8 cck

cck

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:16 AM

Dendi.
Just think about it.... Game 3, Na'Vi losing 2-1, he plays Exort invoker with basic boots -> forcestaff -> blink, and he did huge amount of work in teamfights with that build. And I don't think I need to mention his "beast mode activated" Windrunner in the last game, where he absolutely destroyed mid lane and landed the sickest shackleshots imaginable.

#9 marwe

marwe

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:27 AM

dendi ofc :)

#10 MrAiko-

MrAiko-

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:35 AM

Actually Na'Vi revolves around Dendi. Dendi is like the pointguard of Na'vi where Quantic is MiGGel.