What happened to GGnet?

51 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 tonyhomo

tonyhomo

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:21 PM

I've been on this site for awhile now, its been one of my top sites for awhile, but recently ive found a real lack of any good community here. Its literally all the same shit (Pinoy accounts, Trolls, kids who have no idea what they are talking about). I miss the feeling that people here actually played dota (or game in the section). Most of the posts i see have no idea what they are talking about. (ex. Fire>DK) seriously.

What Happened? It's as if a massive swarm of 12 yr olds joined and flooded this site.

#2 ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ngazirrrrrrrrrrrrr

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

It's offseason.

#3 lalalelelili

lalalelelili

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

freedom of speech < mods :D

It was losta fun when we had slickdragon ,tinyrock and blah278(this dude was epic)

almost every thread you could see massive wall of texts debating against each other :D

#4 tonyhomo

tonyhomo

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

I miss SlickDragon! Those were GT's hahah

#5 pombaa

pombaa

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

Yeah, I miss those trolls too
They were the most entertaining trolls here in gg.net :(

I just miss the old replay section, few replays are being posted lately.
The euro players moved to Dota 2, so the Dota "1" section is kinda dead
Btw, I just noticed some replays on Dota 2 section, cant wait to watch them.

#6 Booncz

Booncz

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:18 AM

1) nice hate on kids, 19 y.o. playing mature right?
2) It's been like this for quite some time
3) It's like this everywhere now-days

#7 inco

inco

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:47 AM

To me it just seems like the whole policy on GG.net is backfiring. They're allowing people to post whatever they want and give people freedom for stupidity, thus they can't do what TL.net does - just shutting down stupid threads and demanding people to have some fucking brains.

On the other hand, people who state their honest opinions although not in the friendliest tone, sometimes end up having their posts censored.

As far as I'm concerned, the site is just a news site and TL.net is the community site. No community = not that interesting site.

So what we're left with is the DotA section, which is pretty much the glory of this site (afaik) - and then the hardcore fans from the days of old who still linger in the halls of memories. As far as the SC2-section goes, people like Ramiz and Psychobabas are the only users whose comments doesn't make me facepalm. And the likes of them are few :P

GG.net should strike harder down on stupidity! Screw freedom of speech ;)

#8 Alyyx20Jeanette

Alyyx20Jeanette

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:25 AM

#6 +1 for the stupid posts part. You can get away with trolling just by acting stupid.
Let's not call them stupid posts, rather unnecessary posts :P

#9 tonyhomo

tonyhomo

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:47 AM

#4 my actual intent wasnt to act "mature". Sorry for the miscommunication. I ment to make the point that i've been posting on ggnet since 09 and been following dota before that. It just seems to me that most of the community here has suddenly shifted towards people who know little about dota community/pro scene

#10 musmatta

musmatta

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

I agree, the trolling on ggnet is just becoming too much...

And also the overall morale is bad, for example on some other site you dont start an argumenting post with calling someone a fucking idiot, he might be nice yo? But on ggnet you do because.... most people here are fucking idiots .. :(