• Please log in to reply

#1 fpsblue

fpsblue

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

I always grouped my army like so:

1: lings 2:banes 3:mutas/air 4:infestors

I noticed that IdrA and RET has their lings and banelings in the same group. Is this more efficient?>

#2 RamiZ

RamiZ

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:25 AM

It is not more efficient. It is better to have Lings and Banelings in separated groups, but it is more work and with so many groups, you might find out that fight is a little bit tough to handle.

But you can be like Nerchio, just use one group for all of your units, and when you lose because your 10 Infestors just suicided into Protoss 200/200, you can start BMing the opponent and whining how this game is shit. ROFL.

http://www.gosugamer...bbyterminus.jpg
Like this.

#3 avi.live

avi.live

Random Meepo

• Members

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:17 PM

1- army
2 -hatcheries

#4 DuffLV

DuffLV

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

1, 2 - army;
3 - hatch; (im trying to force myself to move it to 4 and switch over with casters/other stuff)
6 - evolution chambers;
4 - casters/other stuff;

#5 WildTZ

WildTZ

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:39 AM

I got army on 1-3, hatches 4, queens 5-6 and evo chamber and spawning pool 8-9.

Most replays I've seen people use less but 1-5 is normally the same (1-3 army, 4 hatch, 5 or 5-7 queens)

It's all about figuring out where your time and attention will give you the biggest benefit. You need to think if what you're doing at the moment is what is most important.

Like #1 said, Nerchio probably saves time etc having everything in one group but then he suicides all his casters which would have completely swung the game. I see a lot of good players doing the same mistake. I know it's tedious and boring to change your hotkey set up but the amount of lost casters and time that is required to individually move them back every time you a-move is ridiculous.

Lings and banelings together is not that bad, you want your lings to go behind and block them off which they will since they are faster. If the opponent split up their units then it's not so good for you or if you want to flank marines etc.

#6 NexCa

NexCa

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:30 AM

1 main army, 2 Muta/Air, 3 Infestor, 4 hatches, 5 main queen, 6 nat queen, 7 3rd base queen ,8 4th base queen / creep queens, 0 evo chambers

#7 inco

inco

Akke Chen

• Advanced Member

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

1: everything except infestors
2: Infestors

That's overall, at least, but there's always variations depending on whether I'm harassing or whatever. So yeah, not the most ideal solution to get used to :P

#8 Maladikt

Maladikt

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

armies 1-4
hatcheries 5
queens 6-9
evo chamebers 0