#1 Aktive

Aktive

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:33 AM

To set console mode

1) In steam, right cilck on "Dota 2" and click on properties

2) Click on Set Launcher Options and type in: -console

3) Press OK and enter the game, to remove the console from view press the ` key.

~

Commands

dota_minimap_hero_size 700 - will make the size of the hero dot on the minimap as big as you want. Default = 600.

dota_disable_range_finder 0 - by default you only see the range of spells when you hover your mouse on the spell icon. With this set to 0 it will show you the range when you actually click to use the spell on someone. Default = 1.

dota_always_show_player_names - 0 will disable, 1 will enable player name on top of health bars. Default = 0.

dota_hud_healthbars - 1 will make your health smoother without the lines you see on health bars (the blocks in the health that divides at around 200 life per block). 3 will enable it back on and 0 will make all health bars disappear, the others do nothing apparently. Default = 3.

dota_unit_use_player_color - As the command suggests, it colors it player either individually or an unified color by team. 1 Enables individual colors, 0 Team color. Default = 1.

dota_player_units_auto_attack - This is in the settings, but I find it too darn useful. 0 Will stop auto-attacking and only attacks IF you click to attack, whereas 1 will auto-attack at all possible times. Default = 1.

~

EDIT: More commands,

dota_camera_accelerate 49 - This will make the camera stop exactly where you want it, 0 will make you unable to move your camera. Thanks uw_NB and Pyros.

dota_force_right_click_attack 1 - This will enable right click deny!!!!!!!!!!

dota_health_per_vertical_marker 200 - This will determine how much health you wish to divide the vertical lines by. In the demonstration value it will draw a line each 200 health, but you can choose your own value.

~

Opposing team color combination:

The RGB for the enemy team is dota_enemy_color_r, dota_enemy_color_g, dota_enemy_color_b (ie: dota_enemy_color_r 1). Below are some colors the enemy team can be:

R, G, B all set to 0: Black
R, G, B all set to 1: White
R 1, G 0, B 0: Red
R 1, G 1, B 0: Yellow
R 1, G 0, B 1: Fuchsia
R 0, G 1, B 0: Green
R 0, G 1, B 1: Cyan
R 0, G 0, B 1: Blue

The RGB for the friendly team is dota_friendly_color_r, dota_friendly_color_g, dota_friendly_color_b (ie: dota_friendly_color_r 1). Same colors as above.

~

To change Avatar

Get into a practice game with bots and type one of the following command in console and then leave the match:

dota_set_avatar 0 - Default
dota_set_avatar 1 - Crystal Maiden
dota_set_avatar 2 - Kunkka
dota_set_avatar 3 - Faceless Void
dota_set_avatar 4 - Furion
dota_set_avatar 5 - Yurnero
dota_set_avatar 6 - Bloodseeker
dota_set_avatar 7 - Lich
dota_set_avatar 8 - Axe
dota_set_avatar 9 - Pudge
dota_set_avatar 10 - Puck

~

Do you know more or want to make a correction? Feel free to comment, I will edit the OT

~

Crashing when alt tab? Inset the following in the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS: -window -w 1920 -h 1080 -noborder -console

Source

#2 guddi

guddi

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:11 AM

I am not able to open my console after I have closed it once.

I even tried to 'bind F11 toggleconsole', pressing the key closes the console and pressing again does nothing.

#3 tain

tain

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

pls tell me someone how to turn off the FPS! :D I knew the command to turne the on :D but i can't reverse it :D

#4 raylee914

raylee914

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:57 AM

net_graph 0

#5 Ren

Ren

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:19 AM

On the set launch, I assume we would change w and h to our resolutions right?

#6 iknk

iknk

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:15 AM

But theres no autoexec.cfg, as in you wouldn't need to type everything everytime you play?

#7 Phosis

Phosis

Random Meepo

• Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

How to check ping?

#8 Aktive

Aktive

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:19 PM

2011-11-17 12:54, Phosis wrote:
How to check ping?

How to read?

#9 Just4One

Just4One

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

dota_force_right_click_attack 1 - This will enable right click deny!!!!!!!!!!

allowed?

#10 7_ShininGAngel

7_ShininGAngel

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

^If not allowed why did valve put the command there then?