Please help, Terran mirror

6 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 ToLDK

ToLDK

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

I really don't know what to do, in mirror , when my enemy surrounds my base with tanks + viking + raven (with point defese drone), which really makes it hard to get the air control to blast his army with my tanks.
I already tried to harass his base with medevac, nuclear weapon,
it just doesnt work...

I'm noob still, ofc, but I really need the solution for this :/

#2 Fatso_Forgetso

Fatso_Forgetso

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

watch some TvT replays and copy the build order you like the most.

and scout you oponent get 1 marine or scv in front of his base so u do notice when he moves out to contain u.

#3 svartermetalisk

svartermetalisk

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:53 PM

If you are still inside your main when he has tanks + vikings + ravens you are not doing it right.

Pick a build that involves an earlier CC and move your shit down the ramp.

#4 Battman

Battman

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

also having thor ( with siege and a few vikings) is a good counter , they outrange viking and are not effected by point defense drone , they also do splash damage so they will do damage to all vikings if they bunched .

#5 Pulimuli

Pulimuli

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:28 PM

2011-06-21 14:54, Battman wrote:
also having thor ( with siege and a few vikings) is a good counter , they outrange viking and are not effected by point defense drone , they also do splash damage so they will do damage to all vikings if they bunched .

Point defense drone works vs Thors anti-air attacks

#6 bedazzeler

bedazzeler

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Before we even consider thors, lets take a step back and look at your opener. Do you like an early tech build or are you a high marine count kind of a guy?

I suggest something like gas before racks into banshees, maintaining constant Scv production. The timing on your second gas is quite pivotal but I'm not sure of it myself, try watching some of Happy's (EU) games. On the plus side, it's safe, you get tech up, let's you scout, gives map control and increases your apm! On the downside you don't get the most booming econ, but you can decide when to expand after scouting his play. Transition into 2 more rax 1 more fac and pump your core mix!

Alternatively 1 racks CC, constant scv and marine production. You'll probably also want to drop a scan around the blue flame hellion timing if you don't see many marines at his ramp when you poke his front. Remember to get your two gas just before or after your second racks if you try this, because the only thing more crippling mid game than a poor econ is the inability to tech! On the plus this build can absolutely roll your opponent in the mid game since you'll have a much better econ, on the downside you're susceptible to all ins or blue flame play, but that will make you be the better player to learn to hold this kind of stuff!

Mid game, if he has a big seige line the last thing you want to do is try and out muscle it. Mobility and air dominance is where you will be having the most gain. Set up a good perimeter gain the air dominance, and try some medivac drops in his main. He might just flip out and unseige everything into your position. Poke and prod where he is weakest, but never suicide into a losing fight.

If you're the player with the bulky army, try your best to control space, turrets and sensor towers are great ways to avoid serious damage to a major back-stab. Be methodical, take expansions and choke him out. He'll likely be desperate so be on your toes. Get upgrades, get production facilities, try not to max out on an army that is weak and you can't replenish. Rebounding is what will turn a good position into a great position.

Hope my suggestions help!

#7 stagos

stagos

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:42 PM

hi ToLDK,
we are a small noob team lol in france please join us on team-log.com!
We are about 30 people from bronez to top master.

Any users are welcome.

a++