Public Skill Rating for Dota Pubs

7 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 greenapple

greenapple

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:39 AM

Hey guys' I'm just thinking of integrating the HoN PSR system to online Dota platforms. The idea is to make PSR as the basis for room entry. Mb players start with a given amount of PSR. Then you will either increase or decrease it depending on how you play. Example: ragequitting will earn you negative points and a victory would mean positive points. and mb, still award the losers who stayed the whole game (did'nt quit). Just a suggestion/ idea. I think this will make pub-dota more classified and stratified. Thanks!

#2 mr.miyagi

mr.miyagi

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

thats already integrated in dotaleague or dotalicious or whatever page you play on oO

#3 sonkan

sonkan

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

Well the same kind of system is used as #1 said, I think the only platform that really "needs" PSR is Garena^^

#4 brokensoul

brokensoul

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

@2 so true man.

#5 Sir-Rogers

Sir-Rogers

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:10 PM

#2 the only thing Garena needs is to be visited by The Terminator.

I am not a fan of PSR, I truly believe that the system sucks. Either way you turn it it's bad, I've already made lengthy comments about this, but to recap on a few things:

If you play as 800 PSR against someone with 1800 PSR you get -20/+20.
Now let's take a step back. The PSR system is supposed to give out points so that players can judge eachother on their skill, or so that the players with similar skill can be matched up against eachother. I fail to see the point of punishing someone hardcore that plays a game that is far above his level. If anything the user should lose much less points, as the point is to have the points approach his playerskill level over time, not the other way around. There are various other things.

The best system so far is what Blizzard has developed in SC2. Altough given the endless resources that they have, I am still kind of disappointed with their system. Of course it's great, it's the best out there at the moment, but it sucks if you compare it to what they could have built. I'm not going to blame anyone, I'm a perfectionist on the inside, so I get particularily upset by those things.

Regards,
Sir Rogers

#6 BoredToDeath

BoredToDeath

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:34 AM

So how much points do you get from a perfect ES -fissureblock to save 4 teamm8s? You played Es perfect the whole game, you do everything right, still team loses and you have 1-6-16 but did so manny GREAT fissures there.
So, you have -20 exp KDA: 1-6-16. If you multiply this you get the point(S) no you donīt becouse this is Pub, and pub picks 4 carrys.

#7 jmkflashforward

jmkflashforward

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 28 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

[url]http://www.fromsportcom.com/v-2/8/8/v-280876.html[/url]

u can watch from here! :) [b]

#8 itsME.Axixx94

itsME.Axixx94

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:13 AM

so if i hit 2 raze out of 3 all time i get MINUS point?

No thanks man...