288 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 IbZzI-

IbZzI-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

Hello,

Just started this thread cuz i met some "music pros" online who had no idea what dream theater was and who John Petrucci is. This shit is NOT ON!!!

This generation is all about lady gaga, katy perry, and other gay solo "artists." and if you meet a metal-head hes probably a hipster who listen to "underground" bands who no one has heard of (and frankly is all about some shit grindcore guitars and a pig squealing vocalist who no one can understand) or all they have heard is nothing else matters by metallica and call themselves a metallica fan. and when you ask them of Lamb of God they say "who is that hurr durr?"

So ITT we talk about awesome Metal bands who deserve some more attention. I'll start:

Dream Theater - Metropolis Part 1

Symphony X - Eve of Seduction

Death - Bite the Pain

Suidakra - Darkane Times

Kalmah - Heroes to us

Feel free to add some good metal bands who you think we should be aware of.. and PLEASE NO JUSTIN BEIBER TROLLING!!!

#2 pagan-poetry

pagan-poetry

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

for example Opeth ... you just CAN'T dislike them , you'll love them instead , pure musical talent !

but I don't know , there are way too many good bands ... but you can't except all people to listen to metal , and it doesn't mean they dont have brain ... they just don't like it .
and don't post music with harsh vocals on it , has a bad first impression on most people .

#3 fapfapafk

fapfapafk

REPORTED!

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

whats wrong with gay? if u have problem with it not my problem.. you foreigners sure wierd....out na ko

#4 IbZzI-

IbZzI-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:10 PM

guys im just creating some awareness.. its up to you whether you want to listen to this or not.. im just sick of the people who claim to be metal-heads just to seem cool and know nothing about the real metal bands. This thread is in no way forcing you to enjoy metal or made to ridicule people who listen to other genres. If i gave that impression when i called katy perry and lady gaga gay then im sorry.

#5 PayToDie.Zany

PayToDie.Zany

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:44 PM

Sorry dont like it.
I do listen to Disturbed, Sonic Syndicate, Avenged Sevenfold, Apocalyptica and Soilwork though. But I dont like this music, It hurts my ears.

#6 PROTOSS-

PROTOSS-

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:50 PM

You probably recognize M. Shadows on my avatar...

My top 5 bands are A7X, Disturbed, Metallica, Iron Maiden and BFMV...

If we talk about some underrated or not well-known bands, I recommend you Atreyu...

They rock!

#4 Wtf are you talking about? Sonic Syndicate and A7X have mostly scream songs and you say you can't listen to this kind of music, because your ears hurt? LOL, GTFO.

#7 JoseLuisChilavert

JoseLuisChilavert

Full-Team Black Hole

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:22 PM

Iguman, fuck yeah:

#8 PROTOSS-

PROTOSS-

Merlini Zeus

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:36 PM

Btw, is it all just about metal or rock can be considered, as well? Because I think everyone who listens to rock, listens to metal too and vice versa.

Check out for Trivium, great band!

You should also hear this French power metal band!

#9 IbZzI-

IbZzI-

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:51 PM

yeah rock and metal both.. most people dont know but Dream Theater is not exactly metal.. its progressive rock.. so yeah, rock is allowed :)

#10 LML

LML

Senior Moderation

• Advanced Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:55 PM

Maybe they didn't know it because they like some different music, I got no idea about those either, and I don't listen to the music that comes on the radio.. maybe you are just too narrow minded yourself?