Version Switcher: Request Instruction
Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:26 PM
I'm sure that can be stickied and would help a lot of people over time, not just myself. It might in fact be not too complicated, but: 1. computers are not my forté and vague / general instructions would be a waste of time, 2. I need the older files, which have been replaced by Battle.net.
The problem I have, which makes this difficult, is that I have twice now received viruses from "Dota-Utilities.com" downloads. This happens when I try to watch either replays from China or a few games in an older version. I don't want to touch this website again. I don't know what the deal is but I am done with the site.
There was also a version switcher posted on GG.net but that had to be removed because some joker stuck a virus on that also. If anybody knows of a reliable and current download link for that WVS, it would also resolve the issue.
Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:46 PM
I wish everyone knew how simple this really was. There isn't even any software involved. Just download the zip files for the versions you need from the link provided, put them in your wc3 folder, and when you need to switch to that version, all you do is extract the files. Literally takes 2 seconds.
Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:15 PM
1) you really dont need wvs tbh. What i do is create folders to store patch (i have 1.21 till 1.26a) to keep the main 4 files, namely storm.dll, game.dll, war3 and war3patch.mpq.
2) when u need, for example 1.24e and your currently running 1.26a, copy the 4 files mentioned above and paste it in your warcraft III folder.
3) to revert back to whatever version you want, just repeat the process. Remember to copy but not cut as you want to keep a copy of those files when u want to switch back.
To watch chinese replay:
1) Chinese, complicated as they do, often have different directories to store their dota maps. When u open the replay and it says "the map file associated with the replay could not be found", means they have some different folder from you that stores the dota maps
2) for example, maps/DOTA MAPS/DoTA v6.71b.w3x could not be located, means you dont have the folder of "DOTA MAPS" (even caplocks is counted ) What u need to do is i) create a DOTA MAPS in your "maps" folder, ii) throw the v6.71b inside, and you're good to go
3) sometimes they use chinese words as the name of the folder, so i cant help you on that, go look for those characters yourself
Posted 19 April 2011 - 02:46 AM
Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:56 AM
now, if your operating system is vista or windows 7, just right click the icon of wvs.exe and run as administrator.
Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:24 PM
If you already got the previous Warcraft Version Switcher, you only need to add the 1.26a zip package and put it on your WVS folder
Download: Warcraft Version Switcher
Download Patch 1.24e: TFT Version 1.24e.zip
Download Patch 1.26a: TFT Version 1.24a.zip
Hope this help you
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users