Terran wall?

7 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 filthydoughboy

filthydoughboy

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:06 AM

I don't really understand the purpose of this but nowadays pro terran players are usually not walling off. I watched A LOT of sc2 replays and I see them putting their supply depot behind their mineral line and the barracks in the middle of their base... Why do they do that and throw away their turtling ability?

#2 ssi.bal-listic

ssi.bal-listic

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

i think terrans still wall against zerg.
Against toss, void rays can easily charge up on techlab/reactor or depots which is really pain.
Against terran, if tanks get close, 2 depots will most likely die, which is not a good thing obviously.

Also, having depots in key positions allows you to juke fasts zealots or stop ling or hellion or some kind of fast unit harassing ur mineral line. Also, the scouting worker from your opponent cant just run around ur minerals in circles

#3 ostojiy

ostojiy

BurNing AM

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

Depends on the matchup. Against zergs you will usually see a wall in, but even still it makes the buildings vulnerable to early pressure from roaches/tanks so sometimes its better to build it back and get that extra economy.

#4 filthydoughboy

filthydoughboy

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Members

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:16 AM

yeah... true that
on a side note they should really give ultralisks some kind of upgradeable skill to make marauders and marines more approachable because kiting marauders and marines against ultras is REALLY imbalanced... ultras cant catch them unless they are coming from ALL sides.

#5 hyouro

hyouro

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:19 AM

Well ultras can engage on creep, but that's about it. But yeah I haven't met a terran that doesn't wall off against Zerg yet.

I see some toss people doing it...I like that. That mean I will rush them with lings and banelings.

#6 Mindfuck

Mindfuck

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

#3 thats why you have lings and infestors... if you engage a marauder army with ultras while not having support, you deserve to lose everything.

#7 142536

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

when meeting zerg walling off is a must, but I do not wall of in either TvP or TvT since that will hurt me more then it will help.

#8 iiN.Glockl0

iiN.Glockl0

Repick Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:03 AM

#6 it depends.. im also T player..
since Brood War we well know that TvT has no need of wall, but TvP even in SC2 is another things... i wall TvZ & TvP for sure, if i got highground only !