PvZ counter mutas??

11 replies to this topic
  • Please log in to reply

#1 Yoella

Yoella

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

I'm having trouble countering mass mutas... I usually go blink stalkers, which do fine enough, but his mobility gets me, especially on large maps. I don't want to hard counter with too many pheonixes, because I think he can switch up tech easier than I can. I could throw a few in... And he seems to pick off my templars too quickly (and they also have very limited mobility).

What to do?? Any suggestions?? Any good replays of P countering Mass Mutas?

#2 anatase

anatase

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:02 AM

place a couple of canon at the minerals and keep some stalkers there.
But still the best way to beat a mass muta is by not letting the zerg having a mass muta :D

so i would say play more aggressive in early game.
You potentially have colossi/ht before he has too much muta to become a real problem

#3 Nomis

Nomis

Random Meepo

• Members

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

The best counter for mass mutas are High Templars with storms and Archons. 1 Archon can beat 4-5 mutalisk or at least make them run away. Using Storm against mutalisks is good, but you need to targeting the ground indicators under the mutalisks.

#4 ath

ath

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:56 AM

2010-09-18 10:42, Nomis wrote:
The best counter for mass mutas are High Templars with storms and Archons. 1 Archon can beat 4-5 mutalisk or at least make them run away. Using Storm against mutalisks is good, but you need to targeting the ground indicators under the mutalisks.

"Ground indicators" ---- shadows anyone ????

and btw, not true...very difficult to get and execute. Archons are not nearly as mobile as Bstalkers or phoenixes and storms require high skill. Give me one single replay where this strategy succeeded. and please keep the players in mid to top diamond.

Bstalkers with 1 or 2 cannons (if you really have problems) are your best bet. A great strategy are Phoenixes also.

#5 Yoella

Yoella

Random Meepo

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

I definitely protect my min line. I cannon and keep some stalkers at base when I move out. I'm usually fine until late-mid game, but after he gets a critical mass of muta/ling, even if I'm even in Macro, he still seems to come out better in a fight. I'm a pretty good player, and HT doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. I'm going to try them and phoenixes separately, see which does best. I like the mobility and harass of phoenix, so that seems like best bet.

#6 PsychoBaBas

PsychoBaBas

ZSMJ Medusa

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

With shading, Starcraft 2 changes the shadows from underneath the units to a realistic "side-shadow" making hard to estimate where an air unit actually is. So you have to look for the indicators.

If you dont have shading it uses the standard shadow "blobs" underneath the units.

#7 FT.aCt)Sony

FT.aCt)Sony

Mania Earthshaker

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

Why dont you just play standard Bw-mode Toss vs Zerg.

Cannons in and around base/stalkers/hts/archons/leglots.

#8 alphdan

alphdan

Dendi Pudge

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

Blink is a must to fight mutalisks.

mmm archons yea theorically they are capable of *** mutas but they are slow.

stroms are hard to target dont deal a real dmg cause mutas are fast.

so what i do is cannons and salkers with blink.

you might get few phoenixes and conuter theire mutas and also harass arround the ovies/drones/queens.

#9 Flex-

Flex-

Hex0r PotM

• Advanced Member

Posted 18 September 2010 - 07:29 PM

tecnically 1 phoenix can kill a limitless ammount of mutas, getting storm vs mutas is fine because you'll need them anyway vs the ground army

#10 kutarang

kutarang

Ahh, fresh meat!

• Advanced Member

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:37 PM

Like #8 said: a few phoenixes and micro mutas to death, Zerg will go nuts trying to do anything to a moving, shooting and always out of range phoenix.