for 10 days. During those 10 days you are eligible to play as much as you want, but check the rules regarding certain rules that have to be followed strictly.
From the ladder stage, top 16 players will move onto the group stage, which will see two groups, each of them with 8 players. As you can see in the schedule below, top 4 from each group will advance to the playoffs. While ladder games will be handled in best-of-one mode, group stage will be played in best-of-three mode and playoffs in best-of-five mode.
General manager of FnaticMSI and future past/future leader of FnaticMSI.SC team, Elroy 'Noname' Pinto issued a statement about FnaticMSI Rookie Draft:
Today's the next step in our company's growth, while we have had Game Idols in the past it's time we announce our first Rookie Draft for StarCraft. The idea behind the Rookie Draft is to pick up young, amateur but talented players who have the hunger and the mentality to become professionals of tomorrow. Our plan is not only to step into StarCraft 2 but to also grow our own talent from the foreign StarCraft community. The winners of the Rookie Draft will not only become members of FnaticMSI but also get gear and support from our sponsors. This wouldn't have been possible without the support of our title sponsors - MSI, main sponsors - SteeSeries, BigFoot Networks & Slappa not to mention support from ICCUP and Blizzard.
* February 18th - Ladder start
* February 28th - Ladder end
* March 5th, 6th, 7th - Group A all games
* March 12th, 13th, 14th - Group B all games
* March 21st - Ro8 Games
* March 28th - Semi-Finals & Grand Finals
* April 2nd - new FnaticMSI.SC is unveiled
What can you win:
* Contract from FnaticMSI
* Beta key for SC2
* Hardware from SteelSeries
* Support from BFNetworks & Slappa Gear
* Limited LAN support
Winning the tournament puts you in a better position to be selected, but FnaticMSI reserve the right to pick any 4 players from the Round of 8. All Ro8 players will be carefully judged and selected on the basis of potential, mentality & in-game skill.
Mike "HuskySC" Husky will be casting a few games from the ladder and will also be providing live cast during the Group & Round of 8 stage of the Rookie Draft.
This tournament is brought to you by:
Title sponsor - MSI
Main Sponsor - SteelSeries, BigFoot Networks
Supporters - Slappa, GamersUniform, International Cyber Cup Top World Gaming
The eligibility criteria for the FnaticMSI Rookie Draft is as follows
* Be 16 years and above.
* Should not have a connection that lags, lagging in the tournament could lead to a disqualification.
* People living in China and Korea at the moment aren't allowed to participate.
* Cannot be a contracted player to any foreigner (non-Korean) teams.
* Korean and Chinese IP addresses are prohibited (unless granted exemption by FnaticMSI Administration)
* All players must use ICCup Anti-Hack Launcher and abide by all ICCup rules.
* All ladder complaints and corrections will be handled through the normal ICCup procedures.
* FnaticMSI Rookie Draft players may play ladder games against non-FRD players, provided those non-FRD players do not have FRD accounts.
* All players must create a new ICCup account and have the "FRD" tag in their names. Any accounts with games already played on them or without the FRD tag will not be allowed to join. Any form of tagging is acceptable, so long as it is clear. If it is not, we will not accept your request to join the FRD team.
* You can register any amount of iccup accounts using just 1 gmail account: http://www.iccup.com..._on_1_mail.html
* No smurfing. For most players aiming to qualify for the FRD, there will be no doubt as to which ID to use. If you are unsure, use your most recognizable ID or your forum username. If you believe that your chances of qualifying will be severely hampered by using your real I.D. you may contact a FRD staff member to apply for an exemption.
* No transferring of stats or playing in ICCup tournaments to gain points.
* On the final day of the ladder, players may only play another player to a difference of three games. For example, 3-0, 4-1, 5-2, 6-3 are all acceptable last day series scores against a single player, while 4-0 is not. Once the score reaches a three game margin for either player, the players must stop playing each other.
* No multiple or shared FRD accounts. You may have another ICCup account without a FRD tag, but that account cannot play games against FRD tagged players.
* All players who want to qualify for the FRD must save all replays from the ladder stage, and must send replay packs to FnaticMSI Administration in a timely fashion.
* We reserve the right to disqualify users for any violation of these rules. More details and rules about the Elimination stage will be released as the ladder concludes.
* All replays from the Ladder stage will be released after the completion of the FnaticMSI Rookie Draft.
Maps for Group and Round of 8 stage:
* Fighting Spirit
* New Tornado
Same opponent abuse:
* Even though ICCup's rules indicate that you may play up to a certain number of games within a 24-hour period (6/9/12 for D/C/B ranks), keep in mind that they have a rule that allows them to review situations on a case-by-case basis. For example, if you play someone 48 times over four days, or repeatedly play friends or clanmates, that is technically "allowed" but may violate the spirit of the rule and thus could result in disciplinary action. [li]Be smart about who you play.
2) Complaint abuse:
* Please submit complaints as soon as possible after the event happens. Points will be adjusted based upon when the complaint should have been submitted, and if we suspect someone of abusing the system by waiting, then we'll take action against them.
3) Team Registrations:
* From now on, all FRD team applications must be from 0-0 accounts. You cannot apply to join our team with any stats other than 0-0, even if all your games were played after the ladder opened. This is to ensure that no player can join the ladder at a high rank, because all participants should be able to know where they stand in terms of qualification.
4) Ladder Replays:
* Replay packs from the ladder stage of the FRD will not be released by FnaticMSI Staff until the tournament is over. Players may not sell or release replays from their FRD account for monetary or commercial gain.
Tie Ladder score:
If two players are tied for the top 16 ( rank #16 ) qualification spots, the two tied players will play a Bo3 and the winner gets the higher rank.
Wait for top 16:
Even though the ladder is over, do not transfer or reset your FRD accounts until we post the official Top 16. That means if you are in ranks #17 or above, there is still a chance for you to qualify due to point adjustments and disqualifications of players inside the Top 16.
To begin competing follow these steps:
a) Create an account with the tag "FRD" at ICCUP.Com
Join the FnaticMSI Rookie Draft Team " http://www.iccup.com/teams/12447.html "
c) PLAY as MANY games as you can to finish in the top 16!